Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
    Miller should be open now . . . check with the ranger station first, but the plan was to have it open by this weekend. It's not terribly difficult, but has more in the way of challenges than the other trails up there.
    I just did a little research on Miller Jeep trail. I remember driving to that trail in 2001 with my Ford Bronco. I had my golden labrador with me at the time.

I crossed the creek and then saw an uphill climb with a large rock on the right side. I remember an ATV going up that hill and I being a novice in 2001 did not attempt to go through that trail.

What a coincidence. I'm going to call the ranger district on Monday to check if the trail is open. That would be a nice place to wheel in this hot weather.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

A group of us went thru Miller last weekend with the ranger so they could survey the trail and get it reopened. The trail was in really good shape and all the rain and snow didn't seem to have much affect at all. I'm a bit hesitant to do just about any trail alone (you never know) but the have done the three trails you were first mentioning in a stock TJ Sport . . . I've never been stuck on Miller, but I would not recommend going thru alone especially if you are not very familiar with the trail. Miller's my favorite local trail . . . you're killing me bro . . . I keep thinking about playning hookie from work, but it might be a bit obvious if I call in sick and then show up the next day and my Jeep is filthy!
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

I would say the best part of Frazier park on those roads is winter with a ton of snow and ice. really tricky and alot of fun. But other than that is a great night run. Nothing hard about it.
        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

yea I think I am going to save my gas money for Pismo this coming weekend and then really save for the $$$ drive to Rubicon. Have fun and where ever you end up going take pics to let us know how the trail conditions are! have fun!
          [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

I ran those trails in my suburban early this year, The hardest part of the trails were that it was covered in deep snow, you could not see what is under the snow, like rocks ruts etc... you have no idea where to put your wheels! Had a hard time getting back up one hill, but I had bfg ATs to me they dont do all that great in the mud or snow!I cant get off monday but im doing my lift on my xj saterday mabey go up there on sunday, Id like to see what that place looks like without all the snow

Comment

Here are a few pics I found of that trail

Comment

ha bash , i'll have to pass on tuesday ,have a meeting i can not blow off ..... keep me posted on more weekday runs i can sometimes get away from work

Comment

I can hit the trails during the week because I don't go into work 'till 9:00 pm
                  But that one is a little too far for a b4 work run.

Scott

Comment

Went through Cleghorn yesterday through all the side trails and had a grat time. We were a total of 8 Jeeps including one $650 stock Cherokee that the guy was just beating up on. Great times there. Unfortunately I did not have my camera so no pictures or video this time.

Ok I just got off the phone with Mt pinos Ranger District and Miller Jeep Trail is now open. Instead the Frazier Park Trail run, I am headed to Miller Jeep Trail. Now I am not planning on heading up there alone, so if anyone is interested, let me know and we'll mkae it a day trip.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
                      OK Cool! I'll go and explore some.

BTW, your avator picture looks like the v-notch at last chanc canyon...is that so?
                      Yeah that's the v-notch after last falls run through nightmare gulch with added camo mud to blend in, Have a good time on miller it's a great trail, no getting out of work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by justin_502 View Post

Here are a few pics I found of that trail

We went thru there a couple times last winter in the snow and the last time it was a nice combo of ice and mud . . . don't think we would have had a chance making it back up some of the steep sections without a couple of winches!

Glad to hear Miller is back open . . . have a good time up there!!!
                        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Working...
                        X