Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frazier Mountain 5/20/2008

There is a black diamond trail in Frazier Park passed lake of the Woods that leads to some 4x4 camps (I believe). I've passed this trail a few times but did not have an opportunity to go through it. I would like to run this trail this Tuesday but I'm definitely not going alone. Anyone interested?

Here is the starting point of the dirt road that will lead us to the black diamond trail.

Google Maps
    Last edited by MrBash; 05-16-08, 10:00 AM.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

This looks like the trails we have done before. Here is a link.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=10974

Is alot of fun in the snow. We should know.....
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
      This looks like the trails we have done before. Here is a link.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=10974

Is alot of fun in the snow. We should know.....
      Yes! that picture of the Jeeps lined up at trail head is the beginning of the trail. So those 3.5 mile trails are all steep and difficult 4wheel drive routes with dead ends huh?

Cool! Im there dude! Whos comming along?

Comment

Hey TombRaider, I just read through the entire post of your trip to Frazier Park. It's definitely the same trail.

Do you think I would be fine if I went up alone?

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
          Hey TombRaider, I just read through the entire post of your trip to Frazier Park. It's definitely the same trail.

Do you think I would be fine if I went up alone?
          I wouldnt suggest you EVER go four wheeling alone.

My two cents.

Tam
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

ha mrbash , if i can get away from work i'll head up there with you , but i wont know until monday morning .....

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
              I wouldnt suggest you EVER go four wheeling alone.

My two cents.

Tam
              Very True! My theory exactly...I was just hoping someone will convince me otherwise. I guess "never go four wheeling alone" will never change.

Comment

Originally posted by barney1 View Post
                ha mrbash , if i can get away from work i'll head up there with you , but i wont know until monday morning .....
                Cool. Keep me posted.

Comment

I didn't think there was anything "difficult" in the Frasier area, maybe some of the locals will chime in, last time I went on a "black diamond" over there it was just a dirt road.

If there is, I may be interested!

Comment

Originally posted by Double G View Post
                    I didn't think there was anything "difficult" in the Frasier area, maybe some of the locals will chime in, last time I went on a "black diamond" over there it was just a dirt road.

If there is, I may be interested!
                    I've never been on the trail so I'm not sure if it's actually difficult. I labeled the thread dificult due to the black diamond sign.

Comment

There's only one "difficult" section on the trail it's a steep rutted out hill. passed a local driving a stocker at the bottom he didn't have a problem, It's a fun and scenic trail but as far as black diamond, wait for winter.

Comment

Originally posted by rickashay View Post
                        There's only one "difficult" section on the trail it's a steep rutted out hill. passed a local driving a stocker at the bottom he didn't have a problem, It's a fun and scenic trail but as far as black diamond, wait for winter.
                        OK Cool! I'll go and explore some.

BTW, your avator picture looks like the v-notch at last chanc canyon...is that so?

Comment

v-notch for sure.

I also would like to know how tough this trail will be. Don't mean to be rude, but if I'm paying $4 a a gallon I want to get a good day of wheeling in! I am interested and might be home tues also.
                          [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
                            v-notch for sure.

I also would like to know how tough this trail will be. Don't mean to be rude, but if I'm paying $4 a a gallon I want to get a good day of wheeling in! I am interested and might be home tues also.
                            From all of the feedback I've received this trail is NOT difficult at all. I guess it's labeled as a black diamond for the winter months.

If you would like to run a difficult trail, I would be interested in running up to Big Bear for John Bull Trail. If you don't mind the drive to John Bull I'll change my plans real quick about Frazier Mountain. Let me know.

Comment

Miller should be open now . . . check with the ranger station first, but the plan was to have it open by this weekend. It's not terribly difficult, but has more in the way of challenges than the other trails up there.
                              That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Working...
                              X