Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller/Lockwood Recon w/ USFS

I figured I'd make a 'report' section for those who snapped a couple of pics.....
    I only have a few, but please add if you have any....

Yellow Jackect Trail
    Yellow Jackect Trail

I know, not the best collection of pictures, but I tried.... I have a video or two of the beginning of Yellow Jacket ( The first little obstacle) But, since I ride at the budget boost height, I had to concentrate on not hitting the wonderful rocks that were just the right height for my axles..:omg:

I will work on U/L'ing those later....But, I hope the I inspire Rick and the others who have pics to put them up....

As for the trails themselves, well...it seems to be in pretty darn good shape...Although the trees have not yet fully recovered from the fires, the grounds have started to bloom with flowers....and the hill sides are finally starting to show signs of recovery.
    Joe, Rick, and I were part of small group designated to inspect the East side of Yellow Jacket....
    The trail was hardly hit by the fires and still seems to be as beautiful as it has in the past. The First obstacle there is tricky for stock long wheelbasers. I only have a 2" budget but with a winch and carrier, so just a little technique is needed, or a lift
    The main group had spit to Cottonwood Trail, and had to do quite a bit of weedwhacken' :whip: and went to the campsite and cleaned that up as well. Straighten out some sitting areas and built a new fire pit. Should be a great camp spot.
    As for Lockwood and Miller, they still seem to have that specialty of having a good mix of terrain, climbs...trees...top of the moutains....tight,tight switch backs....and of course you can't forget the Toyota that always seems to be either at the bottom of the squeeze/Sunset, or somewhere up Miller....
    Yeah, some of guys had to tow out an abandon Toyota pickup...it was just a couple hundred feet before the main gate at Alamo Mtn. So they pulled it out of the trail put out of the way for now........

All in all it was a productive day and the best part were the people that got together for it.
    Thanks again for the people responsible for making it a wonderful trip....
    Last edited by Mr. Orange; 05-12-08, 05:27 PM.
    David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
    I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Hey there David, How the heck ya been?? Thanks for the pictures I was wondering if ya,ll took any.. How,s the ole Rubi runnin? Hope we get a chance to wheel soon...Geeb
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
      Hey there David, How the heck ya been?? Thanks for the pictures I was wondering if ya,ll took any.. How,s the ole Rubi runnin? Hope we get a chance to wheel soon...Geeb
      Hey Geeb, how heck are ya?? We're doin ok...we were the 'smallest' Jeep there, but I kept up just fine...slowly, but just fine.
      Thought you were gonna be on this run?? Been missin you on the few runs that I've been able to go on.....
      My wife is due next month, so as far as me getting out:hide:.....don't think it'll happen for awhile. But, Ivana is itchin to go on a trip as soon as the little guy:maggie: is ok to be with grandparents....Which, I'm guessing will be in the next few....uh......years or so

Comment

Heck bro by mid summer the kid will want a vacation from both you guys..LOL..congrats early there David..Geeb
        "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Hey guys, Sorry I'm a bit late posting this but hopefully I'm doing this right so you guys can view a few pictures from this past saturday at Lockwood. We had a good turn out, it seemed like there was close to 25 rigs and a lot of people that I met from different areas. I did run into a few of my friends I haven't seen in a while but not sure I met any of you from MJR, sorry if I didn't. We got a lot done that day replacing 3 signs that were burnt from the fire, did some weed wacking, a little bit of trash even though the trails were in pretty good shape, except for the burned scenery. So I hope I got this picture thing straight, if not I'll just keep trying. Everybody Rocked that day.
          Last edited by tony m; 05-14-08, 09:48 PM. Reason: trying to set a link for pics.

Comment

Looks like you guys got a lot of work accomplished. Looking good! Thanks for busting butt up there; Miller is a great place and all the work you did won't go unnoticed.
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Wieners for Wheelers!

We put in together of 245 volunteer hours on Miller.
              I can always count on MJR to help out.
              Right now we are heros in the eyes of the USFS.
              They were considering shutting down the the trail because of lack of funds.
              Now we have another trail we can reopen.

Halfmoon Camp to Piru Creek 4X4 trail its closed now, but I put in to RECON and clear the trail. Looking to do it in about 5-6 weeks. Will keep you guys informed.
              Thanks for everything!
              2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Originally posted by New2image View Post
                We put in together of 245 volunteer hours on Miller.
                I can always count on MJR to help out.
                Right now we are heros in the eyes of the USFS.
                They were considering shutting down the the trail because of lack of funds.
                Now we have another trail we can reopen.

Halfmoon Camp to Piru Creek 4X4 trail its closed now, but I put in to RECON and clear the trail. Looking to do it in about 5-6 weeks. Will keep you guys informed.
                Thanks for everything!
                Great!! Don't forget to let us know if they need a crew for Yellow Jacket as well.....

Comment

On Yellowjacket trail, I would like to reopen the old campground at the end of the trail. I also put in for a picnic table and firering to put in. This would be a all day project. I need to go and check out the area to see what really needs to happen, So if you are up to it we could do another run in 3 weeks. But I know you wifes is close for delivery Right?
                  I will keep you posted.
                  2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Originally posted by New2image View Post
                    On Yellowjacket trail, I would like to reopen the old campground at the end of the trail. I also put in for a picnic table and firering to put in. This would be a all day project. I need to go and check out the area to see what really needs to happen, So if you are up to it we could do another run in 3 weeks. But I know you wifes is close for delivery Right?
                    I will keep you posted.
                    That might be really close to d day..er..uhh...B-day You're prob right, though...But I still would like to go....
                    Maybe you could recon it then, and then a little later on I might be able to get kicked out of the house for a while....:gun::devil:
                    Last edited by Mr. Orange; 05-15-08, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X