Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chariot, Oriflamme & Rodriguez Canyons

Tracy and I left Norco at 6:30am on Saturday morning May 10. We took I-15 South to Temecula. We took 79 to 76 to 79 to 78 to S2 and dropped the camper in Blair Valley.

We took the Jeep back up S2 to 78 and over to Banner (the start of the trail). We were the last to arrive at 10:05am. At 10:10am 21 rigs headed down the trail. The first trail was Chariot Canyon. From their we headed down Oriflamme Canyon.

Oriflamme Canyon has some very steep switchbacks.

We stopped at the bottom of Oriflamme Canyon and had lunch in the shade of Oriflamme Creek.

We said goodbye to 5 rigs after lunch and the rest of the group headed up Rodriguez Canyon. Rodriguez Canyon had one extra credit line. It was about 100' long uphill rock garden. Tracy was first. On the last tall rock she slipped off to the right and "The Black Pearl" got it's first rock rash.

Back to Banner at 3:30pm and back to camp by 4pm. Tracy cooked up king crab legs for dinner and we sat around the campfire until 10pm. We had all of Blair Valley to ourselves.

Temps during the day reached the high 80's but there was a nice cool breeze blowing all day long. Saturday night's temps were in the mid 60's.

Sunday we woke to a flat on the trailer. After putting the spare on and dodging "Mr. Ranger" we headed South on S2 to Mortero Wash. We arrived at 10:30am and it was already over 90° and we decided against the grueling 6 mile round trip hike to the Goat Canyon Trestle. We did some recon of the area and we are planning a trip back in October.

I had never been this far South on S2 so we decided to just continue the few miles South to I-8 and take it home. We hit I-8 at the town of Ocotillo and it is 90 miles East of San Diego. We took I-8 West to I-15 North. It was about a 4 hour trip back to Norco.

All the pics can be seen here:
    http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...-08/?start=all
    Last edited by FishPOET; 05-11-08, 09:19 PM.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

OUCH...ahh once you get the first one rest dont hurt
    Head nut at Outdoorlogic
    Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
    www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Oh man, sorry to see the Black Pearl take damage. Thanks the the pics and report. I want to explore that area but haven't made it down that way in a while.
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Looks like the "Pearl" needs an eye patch!
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Stopped by Montero, didnt see any one so headed out to another canyon couple miles away. There some caves with ole indian drawings in them, hard to find and rather not mentioned by many.

How did you get the black eye? theres not much in that area to get it poked out. Though there is another trail hard to see not drivable but can be hiked. Its almost at the junction of orra and rodiq looking north -east u can see it climb up the mountain
          V
          97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
          WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by Britain View Post
            How did you get the black eye?

Slid into the rock on the right
            Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
              Looks like the "Pearl" needs an eye patch!
              That is a great idea

Comment

[COLOR=black]Looks like fun Doug. Where you guys on the south/west portion (west of the S2) of Anza? I haven’t done that yet, looks beautiful. Thanks for the pics and report. [/COLOR]
                Check out .

Comment

much better
                  [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                  X