Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalRocs Put Up or Shut Up

Saturday and Sunday, January 3rd and 4th.

Info from www.calrocs.com:
    EVENT ITINERARY: 3rd Annual PUT-UP or SHUT-UP SHOOTOUT

EVENT LOCATION: Cougar Buttes, Johnson Valley OHV (directions below)

JANUARY 2, 2004 Friday
    1pm: Vendor/sponsor set-up

3pm: Check in and tech inspection, at the APPLE TREE BEST WESTERN Parking lot, 14173 Green Tree Blvd, Victorville, Ca. Spectator’s welcome

7pm: Close check in and tech inspection.

7:45 pm: Drivers meeting and posting of Starting positions/groupings

January 3rd, 2004 Saturday
    7:30-8am: Last chance Tech inspection @ the competitors parking area. (please contact Rich for late check-in rules)

9am: Spectators gate opens.

10am: Competition begins. Competitors must be staged (see rules)

January 4th, 2004 Sunday
    9am: Spectators gate opens.

10am: Competition begins

3pm: Projected end of competition.

Results: Posted within ½ hour of the end of competition.

Awards ceremony: Within 1 hour after end of competition.

Directions: From Barstow, Highway 247 to left Northside Rd., right on Hoard, left on Granite. From Victorville, Highway 8 to Lucerne Valley, Highway 247 south 4 miles to left on Camp Rock Rd., right on Granite Rd. 2 miles to competition site (follow signs from Granite). From Yucca Valley, Highway 247 north, right on Camp Rock Rd. 4 miles right on Granite. For camping please follow signs off Granite Rd. (no Camping at competition site).

ALL dogs must be on leashes, ANYONE with dogs that are aggressive will be asked to leave. Food and drink vendors will be on site. Restrooms will be available.

Hotel and Motel information:

Please call the Green Tree Best Western: 760-245-3461 (remember to mention CalROCS for the best rates)

For more information:
    Call Rich Klein @ 530-417-5333, 530-622-0370
    Michael Stowe
    Tin Benders

"There is no sleeping in Benderville"

So will the Tinbenders be in their usual camping site?

I got to meet a bunch of you at the Rox on the Rocks birthday bash for Roxy at JV. I was up there with a friend and we set-up camp in Benderville.

I'm looking into heading up there for this event with a group of friends it should be a great time.
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
    AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
    15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
    33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
    FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
    Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
    RE Hand Throttle
    Optima Red Top
    K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

The 'Benders will be camping near their usual spot, depending on what the weather is like up until then. If it's been raining, we'll camp just before the lake bed. We'll be at Means until Friday evening, then we're moving over to Cougar Buttes for the event.
      Michael Stowe
      Tin Benders

Comment

We plan on attending probalby late morning or early afternoon tomorrow. If you see the jeep (big-ass myjeeprocks.com banner across the front) please say hi!

Anyone planning on doing any non-hammer runs this weekend?
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

We were planning to try the Anza trip but we wanted to break it in before we really break it.

We might try to get into Johnson Valley via Stoddard Valley and powerline road or hit the jeep trail through Johnson Valley tommorrow. Either way it should be alot of fun and easy trails.

Comment

I don't know about us. However, we did see quite a few rigs going through to Johnson Valley. They pass our house we live two streets from Bear Valley Road across the Victor Valley College.
            1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
            Glad to be back in California!

Comment

It was a pretty good turn out... a bit cold though. Here is one of my favorite pixs from today:

This is one of the better stucks:

and a high center stuck

Last edited by cc2; 01-03-04, 09:04 PM.

Comment

The Red Bull truck is Dustin Webster who is spotted by my friend Jody Everding, I'm please to say the got 3rd place.... Very cool ~dude~!

Comment

Working...
                X