Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's right. We camped on the Colorado river Thursday night and headed into the trail early Friday. Sunday afternoon, we emerged south of Afton Canyon near Yermo.

I didn't know about the taboo on posting pics of the Traveler's Monument. That's the first that I have heard of it.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
      I didn't know about the taboo on posting pics of the Traveler's Monument. That's the first that I have heard of it.
      Yup! You know us MJR folks, always looking to break a taboo or two...
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
        That's right. We camped on the Colorado river Thursday night and headed into the trail early Friday. Sunday afternoon, we emerged south of Afton Canyon near Yermo.

It's not the pictures of Traveler's Monument that's supposedly Taboo, it's the sign on Traveler's Monument. According to the Mojave Road guide book, you're not even supposed to tell anybody what the sign says, they're supposed to see it for themselves.

Sounds like a great trip, I've been on it three times and am looking forward to next year when we do it again.
        WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jkcrazyjim2 View Post
          It's not the pictures of Traveler's Monument that's supposedly Taboo, it's the sign on Traveler's Monument. According to the Mojave Road guide book, you're not even supposed to tell anybody what the sign says, they're supposed to see it for themselves.
          Ah! Thanks for the clarification!
          Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

I am headed out to the mojave road next weekend. I don't suppose you would be willing to share your gps waypoints and tracks with me would ya? I usually just lurk on here since I already run with so many other groups but I'm hunting for info since the guy our group planned on leading this run bailed out on us and none of us have been here yet. My email is Broncofam1@msn.com if you find it in your heart to share. Thanks-----Bill

Comment

Originally posted by jkcrazyjim2 View Post

Sounds like a great trip, I've been on it three times and am looking forward to next year when we do it again.
              Actually, the photo should be removed to keep the tradition going....
              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
              MJR moderator
              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

On another note, my wife's great grandfather homesteaded in Landfiar Valley in 1906. My wife is now responsible for the property, which means we pay the taxes! We love going out to the property and go camping. In fact, a few years back we took the Mojave Trail and camped on the family property the first night.
                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                MJR moderator
                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by broncobillc View Post
                  I am headed out to the mojave road next weekend. I don't suppose you would be willing to share your gps waypoints and tracks with me would ya?
                  Here you go
                  http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11269
                  Check out .

Comment

2 1/2 years later ....

great trip report !! I ran the MR last week for my first time. It was an absolute blast.

If anyone from this trip has the coords to the campsite you stayed at below, may I get them from you. I would love to stay at this site next time around. Looks like great shelter. Thanks !!

Kurt T.
                    94 ZJ, 4X4, 5.2, 31's, open diff's.

Comment

IIRC it's in the gpx file in this thread. If not I can send it to you.
                      http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ghlight=mojave
                      Check out .

Comment

Thanks dirtman13. I used your gpx while on the road. I am not sure this site is on there. Can you pm or email (yz250wr at msn dot com) me the coords? I really appreciate it !!!
                        Kurt T.
                        94 ZJ, 4X4, 5.2, 31's, open diff's.

Comment

Working...
                        X