Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hungry Valley OHV

A few pics from our Sunday outing to the Hungry Valley OHV Park in Gorman. It was Keith (Into 4XN), Jeff, Josh (Tomb Raider 940), and me.

A few pics from the playground:

This was my first time with my Rubi in the rocks since installing my lift and 33's.

Josh decided to give the big rocks a try first.

After a bit of posing, Keith gave the rock patch a try.

Jeff's Jeep had a bit of a mishap when the it slipped off of a rock right down onto the front driveshaft. I don't think any of us realized how thin the wall on the stock shaft is. Not much thicker than a coke can!
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Hey Joe Schmo,

The Rubi is looking way too clean and nice. At least you could have dinged a door or something. Looks like fun a the play area. The front driveshaft tube is scary thin! But thats why they invented money, to pay for our Jeep parts!!! Thanks for the photo's.

Mitch

Comment

cool pics. Had some fun once again.
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Joe,
        Great shots of the driveshaft!! My kids and I have a great time wheelin with u guys. It's Miller time on the 10th, see ya then.

Comment

Hey Joe, good lookin Jeep ya got there..How,d ya like the way she handles? Thanks for the pic,s And let me know when ya,ll go up there again if ya can ..love those close by runs..Thanks Geeb..
          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Niice ...BTW Josh how far did you make it?
            Also thats a nice Gen-Right sticker you have there...
            2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

got 3/4 way up. Wanted to go further but I figured to get out while I was ahead. Was some slippery rocks and real loose.
              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

its funny when I use to look at that rock garden I always thought it looked pretty tough. That thing is like a paved road compared to the trails I now can do in JV. Fun stuff. I twisted up my front driveshaft a while back and got a heavy duty one like the rear. I have punished that thing and it has been solid!
                [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

the rocks there are pretty tough compared to calico. calico is great and easy now. the rocks I had no traction on. Just sliding right off them going up. the granite rocks in the wash was where the driveshaft broke. plenty of traction on those. we got a crowd everywhere we played.
                  Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by New2image View Post
                    Niice ...BTW Josh how far did you make it?
                    Also thats a nice Gen-Right sticker you have there...
                    Rick it would look better with a Genright cage and some tube fenders.......:wink:
                    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

OUCH! OOPs

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post

This was my first time with my Rubi in the rocks since installing my lift and 33's.
                        Hey Joe, I don't see any rocks, only aquarium sized pebbles.
                        [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

lol. he took that picture on the gas station parking lot. then got home and photoshopped the rocks in there. he also photoshopped the chrome nerf bars he has on there.
                          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Cool pics. Your Jeep is looking pretty good.
                            Check out .

Comment

Working...
                            X