Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Quill Spring" Lucerne

Took another easy run checking old mines and stuff north of Lucerne in the Ord Mountains. There are so many mining areas and individual mines in this area! Absolutely nobody around, just the critters and lots of peace and quiet! Went to Quill Spring and found lots of Chukar, Quail, and Dove. Neat canyon to the spring. And as much as I try not to run alone, I did e-mail Dave (flatpoint) with GPS coordinates of where I would be as well as check-in times.

Mitch

Beautiful trails

Old Miners Cabin Foundation / Mine on top of hill

Come on in!

Wood lined Mine Shaft

Watch where you drive

Quill Spring

Chukar on patrol!

Hmmm.....

I saw this guy while hiking!

Very cool. If only the rocks could talk and tell us what they have seen. How the men lived in those times, how they endured the heat, what did they do for water and ice?
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

Comment

Learning to video!

Mine Shaft / Dave where are you?

Mine Tunnel

Johnny Cash down hill / Thanks MAX!

Comment

vary cool man i wish i could get out there. not a good weekend for 4 wheel for me. well thanks for the pics cant wait until next weekend to see were you go next.

i want this jeep

Comment

92YJ,

PM when you are ready! Next Saturday will be Lucerne Dry Lake for the monthly Rocket Launches and then up Rattlesnake Canyon to 2N02 and to Big Bear for Lunch.

Mitch - Don't worry / Go Jeepin!

Comment

Very cool Mitch.
            Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
              Next Saturday will be Lucerne Dry Lake for the monthly Rocket Launches
              WHat time is this taking place?
              1999 [color=red]Jeep[/color] Cherokee Sport 4X4 4DR
              1999 [color=white]Jeep[/color] Cherokee Sport 4X4 2DR DD

Comment

Blazair,

We are meeting at Lucerne Dry Lake around 8:00am on Saturday
                5-10-08. I did not post this on the Upcoming Trips page. This run will be very basic, after watching the rockets for an hour or so we'll go to Rattlesnake Canyon and up to 2N02 and then to Big Bear for lunch. Anyone can go, but we will be driving straight through this time, probly not sight seeing or hiking. We've got some kids, moms, a soon to be mom..... and a Brand new 4 door Rubi that doesn't want to get scratched yet. If anyone wants to meet up and go let me know.

Mitch

Comment

Working...
                X