Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rookie test

well i finally looked everything over and its good to go (purchased used) ! anybody up this weekend for taking a rookie out to test the rig . its been 10 years since hitting the trails and need to build up the confidence again ! i'll even buy lunch ....

Did you have any trails/areas in mind? Congrats on the TJ!!!
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

i'm open to any area , i live in corona and dont mind traveling !

Comment

Myself and two other Jeeps are going up to Gorman (Hungry Valley) and play around the obstacle coarse and the pumpkin eater runs on Sunday or early Saturday morning (not sure about times yet). We’ll enter the park from Bear valley rd. off N.B. 5 fwy. Would be a good place to do easy rock & sand runs?

Comment

let me know when you guys are heading out , and if there's no one a little closer i might join you guys . thanks

Comment

how about San Diego? Sidewinder would be a fun one?

actually probably just as far, thought you were closer
            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Will be out in El MIrage, Can run Snoopy's gulch, there is now a continuation and also the new section with the LEDGE,a nice 3-4ft ledge to go up.
              can pick us up on channel 4, The Roughwheelers
              06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
              07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

PM sent
                Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

It looks like we'll be going Sunday morning to Hungry Valley. We're meeting at Mc Donald’s in Castaic around 7:30-8:00. So if anybody wants to join, we have a green TJ & blue TJ.

Comment

some guys from Bakersfield are going to last chance canyon on sunday.

Comment

If your up for big bear. I will go with you any where you feel comfortable to go. always able to help out a fellow jeeper.
                      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

ha curtis , i'm up for big bear but you will have to lead the way , kinda new to the area and have not wheeled in big bear , i'm up for any trails ( have the rig locked and loaded ) just need to build the confidence back if you dont mind pulling me out will try just about anything !! pick a time and location to meet i'm coming from corona ..... i'll pm you my contact info .....later

Comment

Originally posted by barney1 View Post
                          ha curtis , i'm up for big bear but you will have to lead the way , kinda new to the area and have not wheeled in big bear , i'm up for any trails ( have the rig locked and loaded ) just need to build the confidence back if you dont mind pulling me out will try just about anything !! pick a time and location to meet i'm coming from corona ..... i'll pm you my contact info .....later
                          If you don't go to Big Bear tomorrow, let me know. I'm thinking about going up tomorrow afternoon just to get a temporary dirt fix to skyline. I'll pm you my phone number.
                          WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

Comment

Barney got your number. will give you a call about 7:00 am.
                            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Hey for big bear it will be crowded, NAXJ has their big event this weekend a lof of jeeps will be there! Gorman is fun if you go a lil farther to frazier check out a trail bc109 little more challanging then gorman, If you looking for something closer by, I would go up osborne, it goes up into the angles forest, pass the shooting range on the left about a mile there is a lil dirt road there take it, there will be a no dumping sign and it looks like a small road but if you follow it back it opens up to a really cool trail with real good hill climbs, from easy to hard but you can go around them if you want, close by and fun. I found that trail by accdent! or if you keep going on the main road you get to hangliders but not sure if its open

Comment

Working...
                              X