Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bear

Myself and three Jeeps would like to run John Bull or other trails in the area the first weekend in June. I don't know the area that well or open trails and was wondering if anybody that does or has access, could give me vectors or join the trip!! (More the merrier) I missed this weekend due to other plans. Let’s talk and see what works for anyone that can make it….We’ll do some rock bashing or trail runs.
    Last edited by INTO4XN; 04-21-08, 05:40 PM.

i went this weekend it was great had a blast , i might be up for going once it gets closer
    :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

Holcomb Creek trail is closed to all traffic. Don't go around the gates or the yellow marker tapes please.
      Thank you,
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

As Rat said, the trail is closed to the public. I edited your run info above. Thanks, and sorry about that....
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Big Bear

Originally posted by sarah View Post
          As Rat said, the trail is closed to the public. I edited your run info above. Thanks, and sorry about that....
          Is it for club events only? Or can we get access through the F.S.!!

Comment

Big Bear

Originally posted by cbrazor1 View Post
            i went this weekend it was great had a blast , i might be up for going once it gets closer
            What trails did u do!! & How's the snow doing?

Comment

Originally posted by INTO4XN View Post
              Is it for club events only? Or can we get access through the F.S.!!
              The MJR Trail Crew has access (under supervision only) for the purposes of maintaining the trail under the Adopt-a-Trail program - there's a lengthy thread on this (which I'm sure Sarah will insert a link for)
              Last edited by sarah; 04-21-08, 11:43 AM. Reason: adopt-a-trail runs are for "MJR adopt-a-trail members" only, and are not public events
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY
              You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

we ran john bull not much snow it was great its a short trail though but fun
                :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                  Holcomb Creek trail is closed to all traffic. Don't go around the gates or the yellow marker tapes please.
                  Thank you,
                  I spoke to a ranger up there on the phone yesterday and she said that Holcomb Creek (3N93) and Lower Larga (2N06X) were open to licensed vehicles. Do you have different information?
                  Help me fight Cancer: Visit tinyurl.com/3as4rn and support me in raising money for the American Cancer Society. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Unlimited View Post
                    I spoke to a ranger up there on the phone yesterday and she said that Holcomb Creek (3N93) and Lower Larga (2N06X) were open to licensed vehicles. Do you have different information?
                    3N93 is closed, I don't know what ranger you spoke to, but she was wrong. The gate is locked on the east end, and the west end looks like this:

It is in the "Slide/Butler 2" fire area and will not be open for some time:
                    http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardin...ns/slide.shtml
                    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                      3N93 is closed, I don't know what ranger you spoke to, but she was wrong. The gate is locked on the east end, and the west end looks like this:

It is in the "Slide/Butler 2" fire area and will not be open for some time:
                      http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardin...ns/slide.shtml
                      Thanks Matt.
                      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Unlimited View Post
                        Which ranger station? I need to nip this one in the bud.
                        Jeff
                        OHV76V
                        KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
                          Which ranger station? I need to nip this one in the bud.
                          Big Bear Ranger Station in Fawnskin
                          (909) 382-2790

I heard from a friend on Sunday that he had heard they had opened 3n93 & 2n06x back up. I'm not one to make plans based on rumor, so I called the Ranger station to verify. The woman I spoke to yesterday said that 3n93 & 2n06x were now open.

I just called up there again and asked if they were open and was told no. They hope to have it open by summer, but at this point it doesn't look like they will make it. The ranger I spoke with today said that the woman I spoke with yesterday was confused. (Ranger also said it happens a lot up there.)

So, thanks for clarifying. I'm glad I double checked.
                          Help me fight Cancer: Visit tinyurl.com/3as4rn and support me in raising money for the American Cancer Society. Thanks!

Comment

Don't feel too bad - like they said, it happens all the time. We had a huge fiasco when we shut down open campfires in the SBNF - half the staff weren't aware of it.
                            Jeff
                            OHV76V
                            KG6TY

Comment

Classic Story

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
                              Don't feel too bad - like they said, it happens all the time. We had a huge fiasco when we shut down open campfires in the SBNF - half the staff weren't aware of it.
                              one hand not knowing what the other one is doing...
                              "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Working...
                              X