Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9th ANNUAL EL MIRAGE DAYS

The 9th Annual El MIrage Days, clean-up and poker run is coming up Sat and Sun May 3-4 2008.Breakfast and Lunch will be served to those that register. For more info go to http://www.elmirage.org/
    The Roughwheelers will be out running the newer sections of Snoopy's Gulch, and Bustops Revenge.
    These two sections are rated difficult.
    06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

does not seem like anyone interested in helping with the clean-up @ El Mirage. There is some good wheelin close to LA.
    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Is it required to pay the day use fee if we are volunteering to clean up?

Comment

Originally posted by mrchips View Post
        does not seem like anyone interested in helping with the clean-up @ El Mirage. There is some good wheelin close to LA.
        It may just be that, like myself and a few buds, we are running other trails or events. If we could, we'd be everywhere cleaning all the trails all the time! I'm sure there will be more than a few MJR folks there.

Kurt
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Like Rat, I have a long-since planned commitment that weekend, otherwise I'd be all over this. I like the Fearless' Folly trail.

BTW, I thought that the entrance fee didn't kick in until October. Did I get bad info?
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Mike,

You are right about the day use fee. It does not start until October. Check out http://www.elmirage.org/

Mitch

Comment

Yeah same here doing the Mojave Road that weekend. Damn and its close need to check it out never been.
              How is the wheelin? Or do I bring the RZR
              Last edited by New2image; 04-25-08, 03:28 PM.
              2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

I was out with my club the ROUGHWHEELERS, over the week-end and we were putting up official stakes marking the Fearless Follies Trail. The start date for charging an entrance fee is in October, once the new visitor Centre is completed.
                07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

I would love to go, but went to Glamis last weekend and now I'm broke!?
                  WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

Comment

Hope to see some folks out in ELMO, over the week-end. Will be on CB CH4, if you need to make contact,,,,
                    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

How'd it go?

I'm sorry that I couldn't make out to the clean up. How did things go? I hope that you had a great turn out. Any pics? How much did you guys haul out of there?

I'm looking forward to checking out the new addition to Fearless. Any pics of Bus Stop's revenge?

[/COLOR]

Comment

There was a good turn out,and the weather was perfect.
                        Yes hauled in alot of trash. and a burnt out Tacoma pick-up that was up by Craper 10. Hauled it to the road and the BLM came in with a front end loader, and took it away. Did manage to get in a little wheeling, on Snoopy,s Gulch. A CJ that I was leading through was having some strange electrical problems, (loosing all power), so we had to winch him up and then get him turned around and strap him out. We have made the exit of Snoop's gulch interesting,with a drop into a wash with a tight right turn,and off-camber, LOCKERS REQUIRED and then Bustops Revenge has a nice ledge that needs to be scaled, and some loose dirt to go through. The trail has been used and it is constantly changing, for the better, but there has been some road building done also. No Pics at this time.
                        07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Hey, I know that Tacoma. It got in the way of Dirtman13's line the last time we were there :

Good thing that you removed it!

So is Bustops Revenge the gulch on the left as you pass over the top of Snoopy's Gulch? That looked radical. Part of it was marked with the blue tape, but there were no tracks yet at the entrance and definitely no tracks at the exit. I checked. Didn't want to miss anything, ya know...

[/COLOR]

Comment

As you go over the top of Snoop's gulch you go to the left and drop down into this little wash, then have to make a hard right off camber to get out, then go on down the ridge and then it is the next gulley to the right, we are starting to get some good trails out there,,,,,,,
                            07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Working...
                            X