Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson Valley Run

I wanted to give everyone a head's up with as much notice as possible. I will be contacting the Newspaper Editor to see if she's available this weekend or next for a tour of JV.

I am going to enlist Mitch (great88) to help plan the route. I was also thinking of including the Hammer's in the tour since that is a big part of the JV. Now my rig is not built for it but, I was thinking if one of you who can run it would like to take the editor for a run. . .

I will try to get back and firm this up as soon as possible.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Roger, you may want to lean more towards the 26th. The FIRST MJR AAT run up to Holcomb Creek trail is on the 19th.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks Nick, I read your PM.
      MJR moderator
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

FYI...the Tin Benders are having their annual Jamboree in JV the weekend of the 25th-28th. It will packed out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
          FYI...the Tin Benders are having their annual Jamboree in JV the weekend of the 25th-28th. It will packed out there!
          Thanks Julie,

I have a commitment for the Editor to join us on the run for the 26th. I'll be posting more information later today.

How many people do you think will be there? I'm not familiar with that group.
          MJR moderator
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Update: Run On The 26th

[COLOR="Red"]Please check the calendar: http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/ca...=2008-4-26&c=1

The run is now posted there.[/COLOR]
            Last edited by Roger; 04-19-08, 02:12 PM.
            MJR moderator
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
              Thanks Julie,

I have a commitment for the Editor to join us on the run for the 26th. I'll be posting more information later today.

You can go to the Tinbenders site and look at the sign up list
              i know that myself, Maxwell, Andrew and maybe Kurt will be out there that weekend.
              moon buggy
              5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                Thanks Julie,

HUNDREDS!!! last year I think it was around 250-300
                I would reccomend moving the date to another weekend....
                Its no fun without family

Comment

Roger,

That will not effect what we are planning. We can discuss an optional side trip to "Hammers" after our main run. I'll call you tomorrow (Sunday) after my AM trip.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                    Roger,

That will not effect what we are planning. We can discuss an optional side trip to "Hammers" after our main run. I'll call you tomorrow (Sunday) after my AM trip.

Mitch
                    Mitch,

I be out of cell phone range at my youngest sons' house between 1:00PM & about 3:00 PM. So you won't waste your time trying to get a hold of me!
                    MJR moderator
                    Jeep Patrol Leader
                    Reforestation Supervisor
                    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                    Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by tool pimp View Post
                      HUNDREDS!!! last year I think it was around 250-300
                      I would reccomend moving the date to another weekend....
                      Hey tool Pimp,

Thanks for the information. I will use that to our advantage to show the Editor just how popular JV is and she can see first hand the impact on recreation use will be affected if the Marines take it over...

To those of you going to the Tin Bender group, how about passing out flyers to those hunderds of people there telling them they may loose JV. There seems to be only a couple of us willing to take up this cause. We can't even begin to make a dent unless others jump in and help.

I'm done preaching now....
                      MJR moderator
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

There is another major event out there that weekend. The Vikings MC is holding a National Hare and Hound on Sunday. There will also be a poker run on Saturday. That event stages off of Anderson Dry Lake Bed (off Camp Rock Rd).

You can click on the links on the right side of the page:
                        http://www.district37ama.org/home.php
                        Rich

Comment

I have no problem passing out flyers but the Tin Benders are mainly responsible for the virtual ralley on the Pirate board
                          Its no fun without family

Comment

Some thoughts to chew on.

Roger I support and encourage you to be out at the Hammers with the reporter while the Tin Benders are holding their 08 event. I am certain most of their members are aware of the looming threat. Checking their site http://www.tinbenders.org/
                            showed that they too where participating in the http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=664629 Online Rally to "Save the Hammers".
                            Check these Sites out as well:
                            http://www.savethehammers.com/
                            http://dynamite.goldrush.com/mailman...thehammers.com

Any how... I will be out there and could pass out flyers.
                            If the flyer where to briefly state the facts and provide a resource list with the names, addresses, and e-mails, to contact with their concerns, that would be the most helpful, IMHO. Maybe you, I and ??? could work on it together this week? Lemme know what you think.
                            Best, Max7
                            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
                              Roger I support and encourage you to be out at the Hammers with the reporter while the Tin Benders are holding their 08 event. I am certain most of their members are aware of the looming threat. Checking their site http://www.tinbenders.org/
                              showed that they too where participating in the http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=664629 Online Rally to "Save the Hammers".
                              Check these Sites out as well:
                              http://www.savethehammers.com/
                              http://dynamite.goldrush.com/mailman...thehammers.com

Any how... I will be out there and could pass out flyers.
                              If the flyer where to briefly state the facts and provide a resource list with the names, addresses, and e-mails, to contact with their concerns, that would be the most helpful, IMHO. Maybe you, I and ??? could work on it together this week? Lemme know what you think.
                              Best, Max7
                              Good idea Max7!

Hey you could pass out a free trash bag with every flyer! I'll PM you tomorrow with my phone numbers
                              MJR moderator
                              Jeep Patrol Leader
                              Reforestation Supervisor
                              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                              Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
                              X