Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bear Area Trails

Anyone Up For Some Wheeling And Fishing In Big Bear This Saturday? Im Still Learning The Area So Maybe Someone Can Lead Us Out On Some Good Mild To Moderate Trails. Its Been A Few Weeks Since I Have Been Up There So I Dont Know How Much Snow Is Left But Im Sure It Will Be Fun.

I was just up there this last Saturday and the snow is gone but under the trees. We did White Mountain, Gold Mountain and John Bull. I am heading out of town but will be going back up the last Saturday of April.

Comment

Originally posted by marchido1 View Post
      I was just up there this last Saturday and the snow is gone but under the trees. We did White Mountain, Gold Mountain and John Bull. I am heading out of town but will be going back up the last Saturday of April.
      I'm going to be up there on Saturday. I was planning on taking the Grand Cherokee and surveying fire damage up behind Fawnskin but if fun can be had on a black diamond then I might have to take the YJ up. I'd be real interested in GM and JB. Anyone else?
      '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

Originally posted by marchido1 View Post
        Some questions about White Mountain:

1. Which direction did you run the trail? W->E or E->W?
        2. Were you able to run the entire length of the trial (4N16-3N16)?
        3. If you were able to run the entire trail, what did you encounter in the way of road closures on the west end of the trail?
        4. According to the web site 3N14 is closed between 3N12 and 3N16. Did you attempt to run this road either to or from Fawnskin?

I'm curious of how updated the forest service web site is? They still list White Mountain as being closed so it's encouraging to hear that you found the gates open. I'm the trail boss for our club run over Memorial Day weekend so I really appreciate any information you can provide.

Regards,
        Terry
        '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

I Dont Think My Jeep Is Hardcore Enough For Those Trails Yet But I Should Be Up Around The Fawnskin Area And Might Run In To You.

Comment

Originally posted by ECHO View Post
            I Dont Think My Jeep Is Hardcore Enough For Those Trails Yet But I Should Be Up Around The Fawnskin Area And Might Run In To You.
            ST0P SH0UTING!!!!
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Sorry bout the shouting. that sounds like a challenge to me

Comment

Working...
              X