Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River/Glamis Getaway

This weekend we headed on out to Ferguson Lake along the lower Colorado River. Rather than primitive camp, we stayed at the Imperial Valley Hunting and Fishing Club. Its no five-star hotel, that's for sure but its nice since you don't have to bring as much cmping gear as usual- tent, stove, cooking stuff, etc. We also cruised around Glamis on our way home, meeting up with some family who were camped out there.

The southern end of Ferguson Lake Road heads away from the Colorado River just inside the California state line. The road ends just south of the Imperial National Wildlife Refuge (INWR). It was established in 1941 and consists of some 25,000 acres. This area is further complemented by its location alongside the Picacho State Recreation Area.

Nice jump. Dont have the nerve to do that to mine.
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

Comment

Great report and excellent pics! It looks like you had lots of fun. So, how many runs at that dune did you actually take? I'm guessing that you had to have launched your rig at least three times to get the cool photos that you did....
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
        Great report and excellent pics! It looks like you had lots of fun. So, how many runs at that dune did you actually take? I'm guessing that you had to have launched your rig at least three times to get the cool photos that you did....
        Hey thanks! I can't wait to get out there again. I actually only jumped twice. The second time, my wife got out her camera and took the shots. She's pretty good with that stuff.

I didn't want to over do it, as we had to be able to drive home.

Comment

screw the trip, who are the ladies!? hook a jeep brotha up!
          [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

I was thinkin the same thing. Got dibs on the left 2.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterubi View Post
              I was thinkin the same thing. Got dibs on the left 2.
              DAMNIT!
              [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
                screw the trip, who are the ladies!? hook a jeep brotha up!
                Haha! You guys are too much!

Sorry, they're all taken.

It is nice havin' a lovely lady riding shotgun!

Comment

Working...
                X