Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apache Canyon

I was at BC 109 this past weekend with a group and we came across the park ranger. Her name is Barbara from the Mount Pinos District. She asked us to help cleanup Apache Canyon and the campgrounds this Saturday. She said that since Cherry Creek has been closed people have come to the campgrounds and shot it up and trashed to place.

We will meet at a place called Pistachio..... At 10:00am Saturday the 15th. It is a small store with a gas station on hwy 33 north of Lockwood Valley Rd.

I will be there with some other 4 wheelers. Hopefully more from this group.

Bring a sack luch and water. Warm clothes and gloves because the weather may change this weekend.

Brett
    Last edited by fun4wheelerguy; 03-12-08, 10:20 AM.
    offroadwerkz.com
    (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

awesome Brett! Wish I could be there. Hopefully some people on here will chime in and head out there with you. Thanks Brett! every bit helps
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Is this still going on?
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Had to make sure I didn't have work tomorrow, If this is still on I'm a go.

Comment

I went up with one other jeeper and met with the Ranger, Barbara form the Mt Pinos District. We cleaned up the campgrounds and along the trail. I decided to sponsor the trail and the campground so it would not be closed forever. It is kind of sad that the rangers have so many budget cuts and without the publics help the trails and campgrounds will be closed forever. It is a very easy trail and it looks like many others have torn down the signs and drove back into the wilderness past the limits. We had a great time even though it started to snow while doing the cleanup.

Brett
          offroadwerkz.com
          (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

Working...
          X