Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frazier Park

So Rick, Josh, and I decided to run some of the trails up in Frazier Park today. Was a beautiful day and after hearing that the trail we planned on running was closed, we decided to give a few of the trails off of Frazier Park Road heading up towards Mt Pinos a try. A few of us tried these trails a couple of months ago when the snow was much deeper and didn't have much success, but a couple of very hairy moments . . . so we decided to give these trails another go seeing that it looked like much of the snow had melted . . . truth was, some had melted, the rest had turned to ice, which lead to much of the day's excitement. I didn't get a ton of pics, but will post of a few that I did manage to squeeze off. Was a great day of wheelin' with good people . . . Rick's winch and clutch got a good work out, but we all made it thru with out any damage.

Here's one of Turbo chillin' on ice

Josh slingin' mud and ice

There was a fallen dead tree blocking the trial. We noticed tracks around the blockade, but in the spirit of treading lightly, decided to give Josh's new wench a workout. Josh and Rick made quick work of the obstacle and we were back on the trail in no time feeling like we'd done our good deed for the day!

Blocked

Rick hookin' 'er up

Josh ready with his finger on the button

Josh's winch worked like a champ

All clear!

Josh havin' a little fun
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Looks like you guys had fun! Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to the rest of the pics.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Awesome day

Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Josh how are you liking the lift? and what lift is it?? and what tires are you running

Oh we need to go wheeling again, im in valencia so next time you guys head out this way shoot my a message or something. im almost always down and i have a few buddies with rubicons and stuff.
        02' TJ 4.0 5 speed, Atlas II transfer case, 4.5 RE, 33" BFG, Dana 44 Rear, Detroit front/rear

Comment

Chose a 4 inch stage 2 pro comp. I enjoy not dragging on everything vs before. also have a acos on front so levels out great with no hard top. Am very happy with it now. And tires are bfg 33 mud. We are in the process of figuring out a Rubicon trip. Just getting everything lined up and time worked out.
          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Are they the new KM2 muds?

Yeah im trying to get my cousin into commiting to dates for the rubicon too... let me know when you guys are going though cuz maybe we can caravan with 2 groups or something.

And as soon as miller opens we need to do it, it's to close to pass up...
            02' TJ 4.0 5 speed, Atlas II transfer case, 4.5 RE, 33" BFG, Dana 44 Rear, Detroit front/rear

Comment

What a GREAT day out at Frazier, Ice Capades and all. Everyone came well prepaired except one of us left their camera at home...Sorry guys no pics.

Comment

Working...
              X