Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul,

That was a great video; it shows how slippery and challenging that trail becomes when it is wet. I'm sorry that I missed the run.

Russ
    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

Comment

link to more pics of Cleghorn:
      http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...02008/?start=0
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
        sweet pics
        “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
        -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

What a great run! I had a blast and really enjoyed meeting Paul and Thomas.

As the video shows, the V-Notch was radically muddy and some other places were quite nasty on the downhill side.

Being up front most of the time, I didn't get as many pics as I usually do. The ones I have can be seen here:
          http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...orn%202-23-08/

But here are some of my favs from the ones that I got:

I slid into the wall on the right pretty hard before trying something totally different:

[COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Mighty speedy on the video posting Paul! I'm still waiting for the video from Gold Mountain in early December!!!

Thanks for sharing everybody! Great video Paul!
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Here are the pics from my camera, I had fantastic time and only broke on minor thing. Not bad, not bad at all.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...orn%202-23-08/
              Last edited by hollywood32; 02-24-08, 08:13 PM. Reason: linky no worky

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood32 View Post
                Here are the pics from my camera, I had fantastic time and only broke on minor thing. Not bad, not bad at all.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...orn%202-23-08/
                Great pics Thomas (Hollywood32). It was great to meet you and I really appreciate the fairlead. Most importantly, Welcome to MJR!

[/COLOR]

Comment

Thomas,
                  It was great meeting you. We'll have to go do that again, it was a blast! This picture just about sums up the whole morning up there; great shot man...

Rat
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Great pics amd video guys. Looks like a fun run.
                    Check out .

Comment

very cool! i plan to try this trail out on sat.

Comment

Originally posted by phant0omx View Post
                        very cool! i plan to try this trail out on sat.
                        I'd join if I could, but this time I will not be able to escape work on Saturday. Have Fun!

If you take the side trails, you might not want to go alone on the main climbs or descents of the mountain. The trails were way washed out and may still be pretty muddy from the snow melting. The lower elevations and the top of the mountain were in good shape.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Looks like you all had a great time! I've run that before but never in the Mud! I'll be watchin for the next run and I'll see if I can tag along!
                          "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                            I'd join if I could, but this time I will not be able to escape work on Saturday. Have Fun!

If you take the side trails, you might not want to go alone on the main climbs or descents of the mountain. The trails were way washed out and may still be pretty muddy from the snow melting. The lower elevations and the top of the mountain were in good shape.
                            Thanks for the tip. I'm going with two Tacomas. One lifted with 32s the other stock. Should be fun.

I plan to do this trail then onto Pilot Rock then to the some minor trails from the Pinnacles Staging area.

Comment

so i guess i'll update cleghorn a little. sorry if i'm stepping on your toes paulhead, i know it's your thread...

trail was all dry. hardly any snow left. started out at about 9/930 with clouds and fog still covering, which burned off about 10/1030. tackled most of the difficult trails that came up.

heading down from the top there were lots of deep rutted trails. turned out really fun and a first for the more offcamber stuff.

coming down the notches, there is a straight down super steep portion that bypasses a crazy hairpin turn. a couple of jeeps went down that. first one got stuck mid way; second one flopped on the entrance of that bypass.

right before that, i guess i got some crazy flex and i popped my front coil spring. for some reason i wasn't hitting my bump stop and didn't have any problem without the spring. i found out i had lost a spring later after two more difficult bypasses; boy did i feel dumb.

anyway, the spring i believe got picked up by a blue wrangler with arizona plates. i think it was a cj.

drove super slow off the trail and triple a came to save the day.

sorry no pics, i'll try and get some from my friend.

thanks for letting me check out your pictures, which gave me some courage and excitement to try this trail out. it was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by phant0omx View Post
                                so i guess i'll update cleghorn a little. sorry if i'm stepping on your toes paulhead, i know it's your thread...

trail was all dry. hardly any snow left. started out at about 9/930 with clouds and fog still covering, which burned off about 10/1030. tackled most of the difficult trails that came up.

heading down from the top there were lots of deep rutted trails. turned out really fun and a first for the more offcamber stuff.

coming down the notches, there is a straight down super steep portion that bypasses a crazy hairpin turn. a couple of jeeps went down that. first one got stuck mid way; second one flopped on the entrance of that bypass.

right before that, i guess i got some crazy flex and i popped my front coil spring. for some reason i wasn't hitting my bump stop and didn't have any problem without the spring. i found out i had lost a spring later after two more difficult bypasses; boy did i feel dumb.

anyway, the spring i believe got picked up by a blue wrangler with arizona plates. i think it was a cj.

drove super slow off the trail and triple a came to save the day.

sorry no pics, i'll try and get some from my friend.

thanks for letting me check out your pictures, which gave me some courage and excitement to try this trail out. it was fun.
                                sweet deal, sounds like you had a blast. it's a fun trail, I would'nt mind doing it again soon.
                                “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                                -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X