Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego River/Cedar Creek Falls

Well, since my wife had to work on saturday I opted to take her out sunday moring with me. It had been a while since I had been to cedar creek falls and I've been wanting to show her the area. Its a 2 hour hike or so for most folks, however I knew of an old jeep trail in the area that could take us right to it.

wow thats a pretty cool place. How far is that from San Diego? Looks like another state
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
      wow thats a pretty cool place. How far is that from San Diego? Looks like another state
      Well, its east county San Diego, I guess. Between Ramona and Julian.

Comment

Originally posted by Borregowrangler View Post
        Well, its east county San Diego, I guess. Between Ramona and Julian.
        Any more information like GPS coordinates? That place looks really great. I'd love to go take my own pictures there!
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
          Any more information like GPS coordinates? That place looks really great. I'd love to go take my own pictures there!
          Well, I don't know the coordinates, but the map page in the San Diego County Thomas Guide is 1174-D6. Here's the deal, though. The trail I took is on an indian reservation. I just happened to tag along with a member, otherwise, I wouldn't have been allowed in. (well, getting in is no problem, as there's no gate but i didn't want to be trespassing) It really is a great place to explore. Im sure a quick internet search of cedar creek falls will yeild directions. The trailheads are located in Ramona and at the end of Eagle Peak road near Pine Hills, south of Julian. You can also go swimming in the pool below the falls. Just be sure to bring enough water with you. Many people underestimate the hike and need to be rescued by the forest service during the summer months.

Comment

N 32° 59.386 W 116° 43.851

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...3-c194a5817c87
            Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Working...
            X