This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadly1 View Post
    It's a dry desert no-man's land. No water, no bathrooms, no nuthin. Camping consists of wherever you pitch a tent. There is a campground at the ghost town, but it's away from the action and an extra expense. Trailers can make it into the canyons just fine. A trailer is nice and all, but I just whip out the tent, sleep, then pack it all in and go in the morning.
    I can't think of a single reason to hang out at a campsite, other than to BS with folks around a campfire. If it's light out, I'm drivin!
    When I was younger I would be right there with you camping in the dirt. I'm starting to get a little older and it's harder to do that now! You will understand someday!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
      When I was younger I would be right there with you camping in the dirt. I'm starting to get a little older and it's harder to do that now! You will understand someday!
      I understand, thats why I got a bigger tent a huge comfy air mattress and a porta-dumper.
      "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Still dunno if i can make it, hopfully i will be changing job's soon so i'll need to see what happens with that, luckely i will never work weekend with this job! So it really just comes down to paying for food and gas... and for a poor student, its not to easy to do haha. hopfully i'll know withing the next week or so.
        02' TJ 4.0 5 speed, Atlas II transfer case, 4.5 RE, 33" BFG, Dana 44 Rear, Detroit front/rear

Comment

Originally posted by Troy591 View Post
          Still dunno if i can make it, hopfully i will be changing job's soon so i'll need to see what happens with that, luckely i will never work weekend with this job! So it really just comes down to paying for food and gas... and for a poor student, its not to easy to do haha. hopfully i'll know withing the next week or so.
          Well, stick with your education. Here's an imporant math formula: More education = more money. Unless it's a liberal arts degree..... ;-)
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            Well, stick with your education. Here's an imporant math formula: More education = more money. Unless it's a liberal arts degree..... ;-)
            Hahahaha! I like that... :thumbs_up

I got an engineering degree from a liberal arts school. I'm glad I didn't waste 4 years to pour coffee somewhere for $8/hr. I enjoy my line of work as an engineer making somewhere above $8/hr !
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
              Hahahaha! I like that... :thumbs_up

I got an engineering degree from a liberal arts school. I'm glad I didn't waste 4 years to pour coffee somewhere for $8/hr. I enjoy my line of work as an engineer making somewhere above $8/hr !
              Trust me, it sucks pouring coffee... and waking up at 4:30 in the morning to do so...
              02' TJ 4.0 5 speed, Atlas II transfer case, 4.5 RE, 33" BFG, Dana 44 Rear, Detroit front/rear

Comment

Idtt

I'm in for the run. Just wanted to confirm the dates, is it March 29 & 30th?

Comment

Originally posted by INTO4XN View Post
                  I'm in for the run. Just wanted to confirm the dates, is it March 29 & 30th?
                  See here for dates
                  http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/ca...=getinfo&e=386
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks, I saw on the first post March 30th-April 1st

Comment

Originally posted by russ
                      Will we have separate start times and signups for the Saturday runs?
                      If there are any folks who don't want to run Odessa/Doran, I'd be happy to organize another (in)famous STOCKER run on Saturday, 3/29.
                      (Sorry I missed this post somehow!) We can have separate start times, but the signup sheet for multiple runs didn't go over well IMHO. I can post a start time on the calendar event though- what time do you want to get started?

And Kurt, I'll drink to that of course!!
                      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

YellowFever is getting married

Originally posted by Yellowfever View Post
                        Not sure if I can make the run this year, seems I'm getting married on April 6th(how in the hell did that happen?) and the time and the money is a little tight right now. Maybe i can tell her it will be my Bachelor part and she'll buy into it? But if I do go I will be bringing more of the Korean short ribs again. This time I'll bring 10 pounds instead of the 3 I brought last year.
                        Ok I convinced her to let me go as a kind of bachelor party/last trip as a free man celebration. Hope to see everyone up there again this year.
                        Rick

IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!
                        http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j80/yellowfever_photos/[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
                          (Sorry I missed this post somehow!) We can have separate start times, but the signup sheet for multiple runs didn't go over well IMHO. I can post a start time on the calendar event though- what time do you want to get started?
                          Sarah, I agree with you that separate start times didn't work last year. Let's start both runs with 9:00am drivers meetings. After the drivers meetings, the Odessa run can line up facing toward the entrance to the canyon, and the stocker run can line up facing away from the canyon.
                          If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                          KI6MLU

Comment

For sure a night run. Hopefully the moon will be full and we can run rox with the lights off.
                            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                              For sure a night run. Hopefully the moon will be full and we can run rox with the lights off.
                              Count me in for that. Running at night is fun.
                              Check out .

Comment

I've never done a night run.
                                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X