Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Super Bowl Rattlesnake Run

Perfect day wheeling up Rattlesnake Canyon! Chuck (Dirtman13) Set up a great trip that included good wheeling along with some great exploring and also some geo-cache fun. The trail was in good condition considering the weather in the area the last couple of weeks. We Started with 12 rigs, lost one at the Chevron, and then picked up one part way into the trail. Around 3:30pm I returned back down Rattlesnake along with Kevin, Matt, and my friend Steve. Everyone else continued on towards Big Bear.

*Just to be clear - We observed the Congress approved 60 foot easement through the Wilderness section of the canyon. This allows use of the canyon floor as the trail winds uphill. There have been extra signs posted since last trip reminding us of the boundries.

Thanks again Chuck, this was a fun trip.

Mitch - great88

Trailhead @ Hwy247
    Last edited by Mitch; 02-02-08, 09:35 PM.

Two Hole Mine

Kevin found a rock to play on!

Follow the leader

Break Time

Steve

Matt gets a Spot

Kevin is Stuck!!!

Racing on the way home!

Comment

Great pics, Mitch. Wish I could have made it.
      :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

To everybody on the canyon run, just wanted to say that Carlos and I had a good time, and enjoyed your company. What a beautiful day in the canyon. And Mitch, Scott and Matt thank you for your help in getting my Cruiser off that rock. Kevin.

Comment

Kevin,

It was fun wheeling with you! Much more to see in that area for sure. Check out the rest of my photo's at:

http://234.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/great88jeep

Album - "Pre-Super Bowl Rattlesnake run"

Mitch

Comment

great pictures mitch we had a great time we really need to do more runs like this there is so many cool things out there to see
            [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
              great pictures mitch we had a great time we really need to do more runs like this there is so many cool things out there to see
              I agree X2----very cool pictures! I wish that we could have made it, but schedules being what they are......next time....
              Money pit!

Comment

What a fun trip this turned out to be. Thanks Mitch for taken some great pics. I can’t believe I forgot my camera. :bonk::bonk:
                After we split up at Charlie’s Cabin several of us decided to go look for the crane. On the way we came upon a fence where a couple of guys were hunting for fire wood. Thinking we were going on to private land we decided to turn back and go around but one of the guys waved us up. Turned out it was his land. I spent some time talking to him about the area. He was a really cool guy that was very knowledgeable about the history of the area. He opened the gate for us and directed us toward the crane which we were looking for. Just down the trail from the gate we came upon the crane and an abanded mining camp with about five structures that are still standing. We found varies periodicals that were dated the 1970’s and 1980’s. This was a very cool spot. After that it was getting late so we headed over to 2N02 for home. Along the way we stopped one more time at the bat cave were there was one more Geocache.
                Thanks to everyone that showed for this run. It was great group. I’m already thinking of going back(with my camera this time).
                Check out .

Comment

Mitch, great pics. RS is always fun. I'll go next time... Thanks for the report.
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

r.s./Geocaching

i had lots of fun Geocaching,i think iam hooked now.

Comment

Great pics. Looks like everyone had a great time. Sounds like we have a few more geocaching addicts on MJR now :smile:
                      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

I had a great time! Glad I made the drive. It sure started out cold and cloudy; looked like it was going to be a bad day to be out hiking around. Once we got to the trailhead though, it warmed up and turned into a beautiful day. Couldn't have been much nicer. Was great to meet some more outstanding people from MJR. Mat

Comment

great pictures, thanks for sharing. the weather sure looks nice down there, I can't wait till it's like that here! I'm not a big snow wheeling fan! lol, I like dust!!
                          Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Working...
                          X