Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anza Borrego

I'm gonna be picking the wife up from work saturday afternoon at 2:30 and head on out to Anza-Borrego. Im hoping to reach Sheep Canyon and set up camp a few hours before dark. Going to explore middle willows, Sheep Canyon and maybe Cougar Canyon. There should be some nice waterfalls back in there. Might head on up Sandstone Canyon as well and leave on monday. Can't wait!

sounds like fun. a little late in the day for me though. have fun!
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

you busy this evening? I am going to head up to Corral Canyon to do a evening run up Bronco and then probably do sidewinder while its getting dark. Interested?
      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

What time?

it's in san diago area, right?

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
          you busy this evening? I am going to head up to Corral Canyon to do a evening run up Bronco and then probably do sidewinder while its getting dark. Interested?
          Well I just got home from work. Weekends are pretty much the only time I have to do anything, as I work pretty late during the week.

Comment

Anza Borrego Trip Report

Well, we just got home and I already can't wait to get back out there again! We left San diego at about 3pm on saturday and arrived at Sheep Canyon Primitive Camp right around 6. It was a bit breezy but by the time we went to bed, it was blowing like crazy. The next day it didn't let up. It was way to strong to even make lunch so we decided to head on into town for food. We needed to get more firewood anyway so it worked out nice. Taking the jeep thru Coyote Canyon a few times a day isn't a bad way to spend the day. On the way thru Borrego Springs the wind had blown down several powerlines and the sheriff had the road closed. We took a short bypass and noticed a couple of cars that had wrecked in the dust storm. Crazy stuff.

Wind storm.

Each of Coyote Canyon's major tributaries has its own unique character, and Sheep Canyon is no exception. Palms, sycamores and cottonwoods thrive. Water flows over polished boulders. Shady grottos provide coolness and shade at frequent intervals along the way. Depending on the season, there may or may not be water flowing along the stream.

Comment

More Pics

Monday, we headed out to Fish Creek/Split Mountain and made our way up to split rock.

Fossilized reef beds.

Split rock.

Mountain Lion tracks.

Comment

that looks like an awesome place to explore! nice pics!

Comment

Nice pictures! Were going down to Anza Borrego this weekend for a run!

Comment

Great pics, thanks for sharing!
                    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Great pics! I really love that area. Looks like you camped at the top of the Lower Coyote Canyon trail. Cool area. The mountain lion tracks Rock!
                      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlVUP73XhcM

Comment

Nice video, you put some work into that! Thanks

Comment

Woo Hoooo!!!!!!!

:thumbs_up...WHAT A GREAT VIDEO! So cool, wind and cold :bolt::tumble:but it looked like you still had a great damn time......just love that place as well, thanks for sharing you two that was cool....:thumbs_up
                            John & Kristi

Comment

John,

Awesome pictures! It looks like you take as many pic's as I do. Especially like the video, thats something I need to learn how to do. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                              X