Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anza Borrego Rain Run

Well, we got up around 11 this morning after getting home from LA a little after 4am. CHP had the whole freeway shut down. Anyway, I called my sister to let her know where'd we be if anything happened since they have a 4X4 Silverado. Cool thing is, they ended up joining us. Time to test out the new truck. Just passed Ramona, we turned up Magnolia Ave and up Black Mountain Rd, along Santa Ysabel Creek and it was storming good!

Not finding any snow towards the top, we headed on down to Anza Borrego. Coming down the grade I noticed another jeep in front of me swerving a bit and moving just a little too fast. Next thing I see, it crashes into a sign, spins out across the road and smashes into the hillside!

It didn't seem like the gal was even wearing her seatbelt. If she had gone off the edge, that would've been it. The two dogs inside were ok but she was bloodied up a bit. Some other folks drove up in a car who turned out to be her neighbors. They called the tow truck and took off for help. We continued down to Coyote Canyon.

I've never seen that much water along the trail. Things were really tore up. It was great! We turned around right at the third water crossing. I didn't want to take the truck through at night. So next time my sister and brother-in-law will borrow his parent's jeep.

Great Pics!

I love seeing all that water in the desert!
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

sweet! looks like fun.
      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

padiddle!

gotta fix that headlight!

looks like you had fun...
        03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
          padiddle!

gotta fix that headlight!

looks like you had fun...
          Yeah, I just picked one up.

Thanks, it was a blast!