X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moab Jeep Safari

Hey,

Going to Moab this March, 19th thru 23rd, What are some good trails to sign-up for? I have never been to Moab so I am looking for some opinions on the trails.

Thanks,
    That's a BIG rock!

I think i am gonna go this year also
    moon buggy
    5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Our Favorites

Steelbender
      Rusty Nail and
      Golden Spike (this has the Golden Crack)
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

ALL OF THEM!! It is really hard to pick a bad one as they are all beautiful.
        Kane Creek is one of my Favorites:

Can't go wrong w/ Hells Revenge:

Poison Spider Mesa for sure!

Man I could post pics all night from Moab.....great times there for sure!
        Last edited by JJsKJ; 01-18-08, 09:51 PM.

Comment

LOST JEEPS Sixth Annual LOST JEEP SAFARI is the week after EJS this year, 3/29 - 4/5

Comment

hmmm which do I attend
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I was thinking of going until I saw the price, $50 per day for the trail runs. I'll just go aftr the safari.
              1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Gotta do the whole thing at least once! Thanks for the suggestions!
                That's a BIG rock!

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn View Post
                  I was thinking of going until I saw the price, $50 per day for the trail runs. I'll just go aftr the safari.
                  Don't let that price scare you. The money is well spent if it is your first time on a particular trail. The spotters and guides are excellent and they know the area very well. The money also goes back into the club which is a great one to support since they fight so hard to keep Moab open for us.

You also do not have to go on all the organized runs. There are always people meeting to do regular runs to all kinds of trails and those are fun too.

Another option is to come on out during the LOST JEEP SAFARI. It is a Free event that we are on our sixth year of doing and we bring in folks from all over the country. It is quite a bit smaller than EJS (of course) so we can keep it simple and fun. We have some planned dinners, a raffle night w/ prizes (Last year we donated All proceeds to the Moab Mud fund, almost $1,000) and other stuff to do like hanging out and bench wheeling, etc.

Comment

yeah, keep yer money, you can use the $50- to buy a helmet fer yer mtn. bike after they close the trails.
                    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                      yeah, keep yer money, you can use the $50- to buy a helmet fer yer mtn. bike after they close the trails.
                      Wrong person to direct that comment to. I particpate in more organized (official) runs than most people and am a member of cal4wheel and united. My donations go to off roading not other things.
                      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn View Post
                        You make it sound worse than it is. The first day is $50 per vehicle. Each day after that is $25 per day per vehicle. On average, it is cheaper than Disneyland per day, the whole family can go for the same price, and I'm sure that it is going to be a whole lot more fun that Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

I am planning to go. I want to wheel in Moab before the BLM makes their decision on any closures. Also, supporting these functions help to support keeping the trails open for everyone.
                        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

dude, its a joke... we all know that if you didn't give a rats a$$ you wouldn't be here on MJR...
                          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                            dude, its a joke... we all know that if you didn't give a rats a$$ you wouldn't be here on MJR...
                            Hey! Don't be givin away my A$$!
                            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I like "Fins n things". It is close to town, and is a good way to learn about the tire grip on the slickrock. Has some good, steep climbs that are doable without being too dangerous. Just a fun run.

Comment

Working...
                              X