Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parker Arizona this weekend

Hi All, me and a friend are going to the Parker Arizona area this weekend. I have wheeled there before however I don't know all of the trails. If there are any locals in the area that would like to give us a tour call me. 661-400-1212, Gene.

Any of the MJR crew want to join in the fun? The area we will be going is very difficult, but fun! As for requirements both lockers and 33' tires a minimum.(bigger=better) Also a good working winch and CB (unless your antenna gets broke off!)and recovery gear, just in case!

We will be staying at Black Meadows Landing on the California side, there is a hotel and RV/tent accomodations available, their phone # 877-642-8278. We will be meeting in Lucerne Valley Friday AM (tba), he lives in Big Bear and I'm in Hesperia. All are welcome to convoy with us.

Call or mail me anytime, I know this is last minute but jeepin' calls!

Bigger is definately better in Parker. I ran acouple trails down there with 33's. I had a great time but had to do a fair amount of whinching. Wish I could join you.
    I've been told I have rocks in my head.

Comment

Double G can't get to the computer right now, so he'd like y'all to know that they're meeting at 7am Friday morning at the Chevron in Lucerne Valley to head to Parker. Sounds like a great time, wish I were going......
      Last edited by tiny terror; 01-17-08, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Made it back! There were only 2 of us that went, just enough! On Friday we ran some trails on the California side of Parker, snake bite 1 and 2 and then JB's revenge! More scratches to the side of my LJ and a broken side marker. Going up the last water fall I noticed Brad broke a drivers side axle joint, after winching him up and on to the main road I let him know, I didn't want him to be alarmed. Jb scratched his plastic on his Rubicon as well! The next day we went looking for an axle, not many jeep places (that we could find) in Havasue so we stopped into the jeep dealer. No parts in stock, so I asked if any of the mechanics were jeepers, after a few phone calls then put us in contact with a guy who just installed a set of alloys in his D44, we drove right over and bought them, so lucky we were!

We went back to Parker and I changed the axle for Brad and off we went, up to president's choice and through true grit, lots of fun! Sunday we went to the same area hoping to find some local jeepers, well we did, the Parker four wheelers. They were looking for new trails to make so they told us of a couple runs and off we went. We went to one called deliverance however started from the wrong direction and the water fall looked pretty steep to go down so we went to the other end, followed it around through the squeeze back to the same fall, it was easy to climb up. After a visit to the dessert bar we tooled through the canyons a while then we found rio lobo, one of their most technical trails. There we met a crew from Havasue and they wanted to watch!?! They were all smiling and laughing, what did I get into?? My spotter a guy named Chuck told me not to worry and he would get me through, I only scratched my soft top a little, next time it will be off for this run. Lost of tipping and turning, steep climbs, ruts and loose rock, you name it, it was there. It was fun, I made it through the rio lobo, time was short and with Brad having a hard top, he wanted to keep it!

We loaded up and headed home, a great place to wheel! The guys from Havasue said there was better stuff over there, so next time!!! We had a great, lucky time, sorry for the short notice, maybe next time some hard core guys will want to go! See you soon, GB

Comment

sounds like a great adventure!
          [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Parker

Too bad I checked the forum today and not last week. It would of been fun to meet up with you guys. My sister lifes in Lake Havasu so whenever I go to visit I have to 4x4 Just went to the dessert bar a few weeks ago, fun stop. I'm still new to offroading, so it would be nice to go with people that know what there doing ...lol Let me know if you guys go back or ever go offroading in orange county.

Comment

It was a blast, and all are welcome! Are there any places to wheel in the OC? When I lived there I used to ride my dirt bike out in the fields overlooking the ocean, now it's all houses! Really, if there is any places give me a call, I would love to come down and run the area with you!

I'll post up again next time we go and hopefully with more time for all to make arrangments, thanks, Gene

Comment

Any pics?

Did you get any photos Gene?
                "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I did Max, 'cept I don't know how to post them! Maybe Tiny can for me?

Anyone for Johnson Valley Saturday?

Comment

Sure thing Gene....

I'll post up the other ones a little later, I gotta drag the rugrats to school.

Comment

Stuff it!

Hey Gene,
                      That looks like some good times... and they said theres better(worse) trails? Cool! Nice job stuffing those tires thats impressive articulation!
                      Thanks for posting the pics Tiny!
                      Best, Max7
                      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Gene,

Awesome pictures! Looks a little to extreme for me. Have fun.

Comment

Here's some more.....

Comment

Working...
                          X