Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco Peak/Sidewinder

made a small day trip up to Corral Canyone to do a little testing with my new tires and other goodies. First off I want to say that Bronco Peak was much harder than I remember. A couple spots coming down Bronco, I had one of the rear tires sitting in the air. I had to stop at one point and get out take a better look, back up and do another line. I didnt feel like doing a front flip downt the trail. Although some spots made me nervous, it was a GREAT day! The trail was a little moist which was great to keep down any dust. We need to get a small group to head up there asap!
    anyway, here are some pics
    this must be new, but I thought it was pretty cool

a little poser shot:

this picture doesnt look bad, but this was one of the hardest spots to get a good line going down. I think going up would be a bit easier

a nice spot to eat lunch:

and towards the very end of the trail, there is the infamous tree! There are tons of scratches and marks from other vehicles, there is even a windshield that has been shattered there. Well I tried about three times to get by and all of those times I kept getting snagged on my front windshiled, and mirror. Thats when I should have said "ok lets take the top down and fold the windshield down". but like any true jeeper, I said "alright one more try" then I heard a big crack and decided to go to plan E....take the friggin top down!

my brand new top has a nice rip in it. Im sure some superglue will fix it. So the top was down and I was kinda pissed so I said "screw it I dont care about the roll bar." so long story short I had to take the door off to not tear of my mirror and then had to do a trail fix on my speaker wires as they were torn off while sliding against the tree

haha I had to have music on the way home!

well anyway we need to get a trail run together. anyone interested!??
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Did you get your 35"s on yet?
    02' TJ 4.0 5 speed, Atlas II transfer case, 4.5 RE, 33" BFG, Dana 44 Rear, Detroit front/rear

Comment

sure did! this was the first test run on them! worked great!
      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Did you throw on a BL or just the lift?

I'm thinking about getting the BFG KM2's in a 35, but i just dont really want to do a BL if i dont have to, and we have the same lift so
        02' TJ 4.0 5 speed, Atlas II transfer case, 4.5 RE, 33" BFG, Dana 44 Rear, Detroit front/rear

Comment

Hey nice pics. Not sure when I'll be able to get out there again. Thanks for sharng!

Comment

no prob.

yea after doing Bronco Peak again (been a while since I have) I really really would recommend a rear locker, 33s and some taller suspension. Going down can be a little nerv-racking, and I think going up would be a good challenge, but maybe more fun.

Comment

Nice pics. I like the poser shot. Does that end there or is that the begining of a trail?
              Check out .

Comment

very beginning of the trail. The trail has a bunch of cool spots

Comment

Looks fun going to have to hit that trail soon
                  Head nut at Outdoorlogic
                  Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
                  www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

good pictures. Got to love that tree....oouch!
                    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                    (Charles Wells)

Comment

HA! Mike, that tree likes you! Nice pics.
                      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                      X