Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great pics!!If I were in town I would have loved to make it out there with you guys!

as far as the trail debate goes...Im sure all these MJR guys were respecting the trail. Last time I went there people were giving us crap for being off the trail.

All who went, you were there and know the facts. Enough said.

once again great pics!
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

• thought I'd post some of my wife's more scenic photos

Comment

• great pics everyone, i could not make it this time, im glad everyone had fun!!

Comment

• Here's a few from my lil' camera,man, was that a fun run or what?

David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
          I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

• This was a great trip. Here are the video's of the mud hole crossing. I know I missed a few people, sorry. And if I got your model or color wrong sorry. Hope you enjoy.

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r...are%201-26-08/

Comment

• awesome videos bro.
              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

• Guys, I am a newly certified TreadLightly! Trainer. I've seen the photos and I'm familar with the trail.

Relax. The conduct of the group appears to be exemplary, I didn't see any glass bottles, not even cigarettes. The canyon floor is entirely a wash area, and as such, is basically self correcting. As long as you aren't knocking down the pinacles and mud walls of the canyon, there really isn't much you can do to harm this trail...within the canyon proper. This is particularly true in the mud pit/fording area.

I didn't see anything of concern. Quite the contrary, it seems that there was a heightened conciousness of the trail run participants. That's why just about everybody shot a photo of the "Protected Habitat, stay on the trails!" sign.

Looks like a fun trip, how was the last hill getting out of Nightmare?
                Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

• I am no expert here but if the trail leader expects all of us to follow the exact footprint of the rig in front of us he should say something before we hit the trail. We all stoped at the trailhead for out vehicle inspections. That would of been a perfect time to inform us. I have been there before and saw vehicles enter the do not enter wash area and a certain person told them to stay out and they listened to him. That was the end of it. maybe more signs should be installed or some trail work should be done so nobody can enter the off limits area.
                  Just my 2 cents
                  moon buggy
                  5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

• Well, sh:censor:
                    I guess we should all go again in the summer when it's open, and we all can go over the rules...
                    :shout: :tumble::cone::geek::geek::geek::geek::geek::geek: :geek: :geek::geek::geek::geek::cone::tumble:

:haha:
                    David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
                    I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

• Cool! I'm in for a "Re-Opening " run. There is some cool stuff in the area. If you went up hill from this photo, to the trail at the Butte in the upper right hand corner:
                      Originally posted by highway420 View Post
                      (You really need to consider resizing your pics before posting, if you want help just shoot me a PM)

You can go down this side of the Butte:

Climbing up is even better!

The trail down to the canyon has some fun spots:

It is a short run before you reach Last Chance Canyon.

More importantly, HEY NWOODS! How can I become a certified "TreadLightly! Trainer"???? :dunno:
                      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                        More importantly, HEY NWOODS! How can I become a certified "TreadLightly! Trainer"???? :dunno:
                        I was trained through Tom Severin at http://www.4x4training.com/ It was a good course. Unlike some "TreadLightly!" introduction sessions, everyone at the meeting was a hard core wheeler, with similar interests, experiences, and dedication. Very pleasurable group. It was fun to intermingle with Jeep guys, FJ guys, and Land Rover types. We got along great. We also had the cheif biologist/botanist from Dumount Dunes as a member of our class.

Here is more about the program:
                        http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php...adtrainer.html
                        Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                        Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                        HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

• Tom is a great guy, i too took one of his classes and wheeled Last Chance with him a while back. That man know his stuff.
                          moon buggy
                          5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

• I ran the butte trail last time out and it is a very fun trail with a step down hill just before last chance,much better way to enter Last chance cyn. As for the run everyone did just fine, we the [hd4w] had our rigs spread out in the group to make sure all went well and no problems at all.MJR did just fine treading lightly.

Comment

• Did you guys run the full length of Nightmare or did you climb out of the canyon about two-thirds of the way up? The climb out can be difficult so I'm surprised no one has any pictures of this obstacle.
                              '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

Working...
                              X