Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great pics guys. Looks like fun. A little to much mud for me. I'm still cleaning the mud from the last run.
    Check out .

Comment

• Pictures from yesterday.
      http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...=1#post4735287

And the album on webshots with the full sized pictures.
      http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times
      02' TJ 4.0 5 speed, Atlas II transfer case, 4.5 RE, 33" BFG, Dana 44 Rear, Detroit front/rear

Comment

• I was in the 4Runner, w/ the XJ & ZJ behind that came through just behind you guys & I can say that I was amazed at how little the trail had been affected after 26 rigs ran through. You guys ran fast & clean, as far as I can tell. Good job to MJR & the other clubs.

P.S.
        I've been running this trail since I was a wee little one & I can say that every square inch of the floor bed has been the trail at one time or another. It's a very dynamic trail & changes after every rain.

Comment

• dood...some awesome pics there. Good job Troy.

So it stopped raining for about 30 minutes. went out and washed the jeep, under the hood and so forth. Got all the dirt off and noticed the right rear panel has a dent in it. So I didn't get mad just now have excuse to get some corners.
          Last edited by womb raider 940; 01-27-08, 05:42 PM.
          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

• Originally posted by calduc View Post
            dood...some awesome pics there. Good job Troy.

So it stopped raining for about 30 minutes. went out and washed the jeep, under the hood and so forth. Got all the dirt off and noticed the right rear panel has a dent in it. So I didn't get mad just now have excuse to get some corners.
            Kinda matches the front thing on your front bumper... haha
            02' TJ 4.0 5 speed, Atlas II transfer case, 4.5 RE, 33" BFG, Dana 44 Rear, Detroit front/rear

Comment

• Well, sorry to be party pooper #2, but Grim jeeper makes some good points. I am absolutely NOT saying that it occurred on this run- pictures don't tell me it did- but I have been down that canyon on an MJR run when clearly less than appropriate driving ocurred. I have seen guys turn up the canyon in the mudhole and have seen guys leave a clearly marked trail in Last Chance to have sum "extra credit fun."

I have seen similar things happen on other trail runs with a few MJR folks. On the other hand, such behavior has clearly been stopped by the run leader and others and those involved have been talked to; MJR runs are also generally family oriented, attract soem really nice people and involve alot of trash cleanup. The positives and good folks there outweigh the yahoos and their behavior.

However, instead of bashing Grim jeeper, let's recognize that he makes some good points, is trying to keep trails open and has our best interest at heart. We all good now?

Comment

• Few pics uf the run

Comment

• Originally posted by bruce p View Post
                  Well, sorry to be party pooper #2, but Grim jeeper makes some good points. I am absolutely NOT saying that it occurred on this run- pictures don't tell me it did- but I have been down that canyon on an MJR run when clearly less than appropriate driving ocurred. I have seen guys turn up the canyon in the mudhole and have seen guys leave a clearly marked trail in Last Chance to have sum "extra credit fun."

I have seen similar things happen on other trail runs with a few MJR folks. On the other hand, such behavior has clearly been stopped by the run leader and others and those involved have been talked to; MJR runs are also generally family oriented, attract soem really nice people and involve alot of trash cleanup. The positives and good folks there outweigh the yahoos and their behavior.

However, instead of bashing Grim jeeper, let's recognize that he makes some good points, is trying to keep trails open and has our best interest at heart. We all good now?
                  Guys, I feel your pain but I have not seen any pictures that have been posted that show anyone going off the trail. Also, keep in mind that this is a forum that a lot of people visit and don't sign up for MJR but show up for the runs. I have been on quite a few runs posted here were people show up that are not members on MJR. The majority of the MJR folks are probably the most trail respectful people I have ever met. Since neither of you were on the run and have no idea who on the run is from MJR I would ask that you be careful who accuse of not "Treading Lightly".
                  Check out .

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                    Guys, I feel your pain but I have not seen any pictures that have been posted that show anyone going off the trail. Also, keep in mind that this is a forum that a lot of people visit and don't sign up for MJR but show up for the runs. I have been on quite a few runs posted here were people show up that are not members on MJR. The majority of the MJR folks are probably the most trail respectful people I have ever met. Since neither of you were on the run and have no idea who on the run is from MJR I would ask that you be careful who accuse of not "Treading Lightly".
                    You are absolutely right the majority of MJR folks are great people, but a few rotten apples do exist.

It looks like you guys had a great time out there. Let's keep it that way by being responsible for what we do, as well as looking out for all others on an MJR run, whether they have "signed up" or not.

Cheers
                    Bruce

Comment

• :hijack:

:shout:Hey everybody, how about that weather???
                      Huh? Wasn't it great? :geek:

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
                      :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
                      Have one.
                      Last edited by Mr. Orange; 01-27-08, 07:48 PM.
                      David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
                      I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

• Looks like fun, I wish I could have went. Sorry someone is trying to rain on your parade. Some people have no clue.

Comment

• Originally posted by bruce p View Post
                          You are absolutely right the majority of MJR folks are great people, but a few rotten apples do exist.

It looks like you guys had a great time out there. Let's keep it that way by being responsible for what we do, as well as looking out for all others on an MJR run, whether they have "signed up" or not.

Cheers
                          Bruce
                          Ever been on a run where the group stops to pick up trash or do some other type of trail maintenance? I have, all MJR runs no matter what the trail is. Just did think this was called for:
                          Originally posted by GrimJeeper91 View Post
                          I see this every time this crowd (MyJeepRocks) goes on this trail and it makes me sick. You guys don't know how hard local clubs have fought to keep that trail open and you certainly don't seem to appreciate it. Thanks for making their efforts more difficult.
                          Terry
                          Sorry to bust your thread up guys.
                          Check out .

Comment

• I know I don't post here much, but this is killing me. I find the comments by bruce p and grim jeeper to be offensive. These comments are what will be used as ammo against us, because there are no environmental offenses in these photos.
                            BTW this a great forum and is full of serious 4 wheelers. MJR is the most active forum as far as getting out there I've seen. I hope to get down to Socal to wheel with you guys one day.

Rob

Comment

• Yo Dog Man,

HUGE (Really Huge) pictures! Looks like a great trip. Sorry I missed it.

Comment

• Sorry I forgot to downsize the pics before I posted

Comment

Working...
                                X