Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigV View Post
    I'll be there with my club, High Desert 4 Wheelers, at 8:30. I've met Kirk before, he's got a nice rig, never wheeled with him tho. See you guys on saturday.

Hey BigV, your club, the High Desert 4 Wheelers...is that the group that use to put on Santiago's Revenge? If so, are you guys ever gonna do that again!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post
      Hey BigV, your club, the High Desert 4 Wheelers...is that the group that use to put on Santiago's Revenge? If so, are you guys ever gonna do that again!?!?!?
      yes we are that group - and we are kicking around the idea of putting that on again. one of the problems we face is that the trail is located on private property (not too many know this and use the trail without the owner's permission). our club is growing and we have a lot of interest in doing some sort of event - whether it's going to be shredder cyn or something else, we'll have to see

Comment

Originally posted by bigV View Post
        yes we are that group - and we are kicking around the idea of putting that on again. one of the problems we face is that the trail is located on private property (not too many know this and use the trail without the owner's permission). our club is growing and we have a lot of interest in doing some sort of event - whether it's going to be shredder cyn or something else, we'll have to see

I'm sure that we have probably met before. I am with the SAR team that provided medics for the event. I worked the last 5 years of the event. We thoroughly enjoyed it! Whatever you guys get together, I'll be there! Both as a medic AND participant!

Comment

Were in.

We will probably get a room locally. See you all at braekfast.
          Jesse,

Comment

Looks like a wet one. Going to be fun.
            1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Looks like I will probably be riding shotgun in another Jeep. I have 3.....one in the shop still getting SFA'd, one is the wifes and I Gotta keep it DD-able and my XJ's t-case linkage has had it and I doubt I will be able to finish the Novak shifter by Sat.......but I will try. Anyhow, see you guys there one way or t-other.

Comment

NightMare River Flow.....

:omg:
                With this constant rain.....I think we should bring some dingies and float around

This will be a mud y event, don't you think?

The previous pictures you were saying that we got 'a' big storm....this is four days worth...whew...
                Gonna be a messy ride, eh?
                David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
                I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by highway420 View Post
                  :omg:
                  With this constant rain.....I think we should bring some dingies and float around

This will be a mud y event, don't you think?

The previous pictures you were saying that we got 'a' big storm....this is four days worth...whew...
                  Gonna be a messy ride, eh?
                  maybe I need a snorkel for the jeep and for me

Comment

Do We Have Clearance.....Clarence.................?

With this constant flow coming in, do you still think that an LJ with only 2" BB will not have issues??
                    I do have a winch, but that won't stop any water from attacking me :homer::bolt:
                    I know the stock intake 'funnel' is placed rather high in the engine compartment, but.....:dunno:
                    Maybe I'm just being a , but whacha think?

Comment

Originally posted by highway420 View Post
                      With this constant flow coming in, do you still think that an LJ with only 2" BB will not have issues??
                      I do have a winch, but that won't stop any water from attacking me :homer::bolt:
                      I know the stock intake 'funnel' is placed rather high in the engine compartment, but.....:dunno:
                      Maybe I'm just being a , but whacha think?

You mean our jeeps aren't submarine's... they don't float
                      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by calduc View Post
                        You mean our jeeps aren't submarine's... they don't float
                        Guess we'll find out, eh? :gun:

Comment

I don't think the trail will be a a problem...... but then again, I have never been there before so...... I decided years ago that I would never let weather cancel a ride unless it was undoable once I got there. If that happens, I will deal w/ it then & there. I will Not let the weatherman dictate my wheeling days. WTH does that guy know anyhow?!

Now on to my othe problem...... I don't have a ride for Saturday. I am still planning on coming out to the ranger station....probably in a Scion XB....yeah I know...go ahead,..... flame suit on...... but my Jeeps are in various stages of not wheelable a the moment.

Anyhow, if anyone has a spare seat I could jump In I will try my darndest to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
                            I don't think the trail will be a a problem...... but then again, I have never been there before so...... I decided years ago that I would never let weather cancel a ride unless it was undoable once I got there. If that happens, I will deal w/ it then & there. I will Not let the weatherman dictate my wheeling days. WTH does that guy know anyhow?!

Now on to my othe problem...... I don't have a ride for Saturday. I am still planning on coming out to the ranger station....probably in a Scion XB....yeah I know...go ahead,..... flame suit on...... but my Jeeps are in various stages of not wheelable a the moment.

Anyhow, if anyone has a spare seat I could jump In I will try my darndest to be there.
                            You can always ride with me. I got plenty of rrom, and I'm not bringing my dog because of the mud.
                            1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

With the constant rain, sleet, snow, and hail in the upper desert right now and the biggest storm coming late Sat. we might need life vests....Whatever the case I'll give it a try.

Comment

It may not be that bad out there. I used to ride my dirtbike out there alot, and when we got rain here it was all gone out there. The desert is a huge sponge. I know it won't be dusty, but it may not be a swamp there either. All i know is it rained a whole lot here today. i might even join you guys for a day trip.
                                moon buggy
                                5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Working...
                                X