Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare Gulch

Nightmare Gulch is located near the Red Rock Cyn state park area, close to Last Chance Cyn, and is only Open to motor vehicles: July-January, During the second half of each month.

DATE FOR NIGHTMARE GULCH IS 1/26.

Meeting place is the Jawbone Ranger station off the 14 fwy. at 0900

Info, location, etc for Jawbone station:
    http://www.jawbone.org/station.htm

Anyone from MJR that knows the trail and can attend?

PLMK if you have any questions.
    Thanks, John

Are you going with high desert 4 wheelers? cuz i know they were gonna run it that same day.
    02' TJ 4.0 5 speed, Atlas II transfer case, 4.5 RE, 33" BFG, Dana 44 Rear, Detroit front/rear

Comment

I'm a "maybe". I like that trail and it's not too far from home. That'll be last chance to run it for a while! Mat

Comment

John-
        I have been on the trail and may join you. I'll let you know for sure in a week or so. You may want to call the ranger and find out what the water level is in the creek, after all the rain.
        Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Troy591 View Post
          Are you going with high desert 4 wheelers? cuz i know they were gonna run it that same day.
          Nope, This is an informal LOST JEEPS club run (so all are welcome). I wouldn't mind finding another group out there though so I have someone to follow....... we are not named LOST just for giggles......J/K.

Good idea on calling for a water level check. Wonder how deep it gets?

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
            Nope, This is an informal LOST JEEPS club run (so all are welcome). I wouldn't mind finding another group out there though so I have someone to follow....... we are not named LOST just for giggles......J/K.

Good idea on calling for a water level check. Wonder how deep it gets?
            I have only been down there once- about this time last year- and it was maybe 1' deep at most. With all the rain, it could be much more adventurous.

Comment

John,

Sounds like a great plan for the 26th! I'm about a 90% for the run. Looking forward to running with you again.

Mitch

Comment

I've been wanting to check out this trail and hope to join you. I'll post up if I can make it as it gets closer.
                That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

I'll be with the high desert guys with Larry (Dog Man) so maybe we'll see eachother on the trail!
                  02' TJ 4.0 5 speed, Atlas II transfer case, 4.5 RE, 33" BFG, Dana 44 Rear, Detroit front/rear

Comment

Originally posted by Troy591 View Post
                    I'll be with the high desert guys with Larry (Dog Man) so maybe we'll see eachother on the trail!
                    Very cool. See you guys out there!

Comment

I'm going to try to make this run. I should be done with the propane conversion on my Sammy and that would be a good place to test it out. If not then the JK will work just as good.
                      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

I am In!! Need to get the Jeep Dirty
                        2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

I,m gonna put in as 99% sure a maybe..I wanna do this run also.. I was just lookin thru my Wells Trail book and I have not been on hardly any trails ..(SAD) but true. Only 4 trails from the entire book..Time to get busy livin..LOL..Geeb.
                          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                            I,m gonna put in as 99% sure a maybe..I wanna do this run also.. I was just lookin thru my Wells Trail book and I have not been on hardly any trails ..(SAD) but true. Only 4 trails from the entire book..Time to get busy livin..LOL..Geeb.
                            That is sad....... My goal in 08 and the coming years is to see as many new trails as I can. Nightmare Gulch is the 1st new to me trail for 08 and I'm looking forward to many more to come.

Comment

Let's go!!!!
                              -Burchie
                              LOST JEEPS So Cal President

Comment

Working...
                              X