Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isthm&g Bass Pro Shop Report

Wow!! Today was a wonderful turnout! Thanks to everyone who came out to greet, Russ has the official sign in sheet, so we can wait for that post. It was nice to see so many new faces and finally meet some of our "neighbors" in Apple Valley and Lucerne. Of course, it was also great to see so many MJR regulars come out for the event too! You guys & gals rock!

We drove the Impala (kinda lame, I know, but a good commuter car, hehe) down with Crash! and Chris and were expecting it to be raining. It wasn't, but it was a little chilly. After hanging out in the parking lot for about an hour or so, everyone began to head inside. We took over a bunch of tables in the restaurant and had a very large lunch!! Hahaha, I think I'm still full! The 4 of us then shopped the store a while, and by the time we checked out everyone had headed out to the trail.

I took a few photos, I'll post them when I get to my main computer.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Looked like you guys had a bunch of rigs. Even as packed as the parking lot was your Jeeps still stood out as I passed by on the freeway. Unfortunately you were gone by the time I got back. I did manage to sneak in to Bass Pro Shops and grab a few of those handy siphons.
    I've been told I have rocks in my head.

Comment

Russ,

What a great idea you had. Thanks to everyone who came out today. It's nice to see the support. Sorry I could not make the "Cleghorn" run. Waiting for the photo's.

Comment

cleghorn was cool. nice meeting everyone. now more people to pm to go wheeling.
        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Yes indeed it was a great time. I had to leave before the run was over (work, and I made by 6pm) but I think I got the best of the mud in the v-notches. Desert Jewel and I made it off the mountain, aired up, connected and were on our way w/o delay. I didn't know many of you but that has changed, hope to do more runs soon. Our little corner of the web has grown and I'm proud to say it seems like a good thing. Nice group of people and some outstanding rigs, Russ, pictures please.

Cheers, Tom aka: Black & Tan TJ

Comment

Had a great time on the run. mud ruts and hills O WHAT FUN it is. Larry white sahara tj

Comment

Cleghorn Mud, Fog, and Night Run

I don't have a lot of pics to share for several reasons, but not the least of which was that we finished the last half of the trail in the dark.

It was an excellent run! As many times as I have run Cleghorn, I have never done it in the mud! GOOD TIMES!

I will let Russ give the overall report. I missed the Meet and Greet due to my yard flooding, but I was able to hook up with everyone at the trailhead.

The trail up the hill had several large mud pools:

Travel was at an enjoyable pace so before long we were at the first of the side trails:

I was near the back of the line, so I had a limited view of all the rigs. Russ Chung was the tail gunner and here is Russ near the top of the first climb:

The mud wasn't too bad at this point, but at the V-Notch we found that the slick stuff gave a whole new perspective to the climb:

My video is nowhere as good as those taken by Russ, but, for a change, here is Russ in a a vid. He is making his way up the V-Notch:

MadMike had some troubles with his open diffs in the muck, but he prevailed without assistance:

I love this pic of Russ as he reaches the top of the V-Notch hill climb:

After this, the clouds moved in quickly. The wind at the ridge was strong and cold. Perfect place to have top do a clutch linkage repair, huh?:

Darkness came on pretty quickly after we got moving. The trail also seemed to get slushier, which made things even more interesting:

Before long, the darkness won and the rest of the trip will just have to be told in the stories of the this thread. There were some slick and scarey mud on the trail!

I'm looking forward to seeing pics and reading other folks reports.....

All of my pics can be seen at this link:
              http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...horn%201-5-08/
              [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
              [/COLOR]

Comment

Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I had a great time meeting y'all. Very cool day, sorry I couldn't make the run, especially after seeing the pictures

Comment

Good fun today guys, need to do it again sometime! I cant wait for Russ's report!
                    02' TJ 4.0 5 speed, Atlas II transfer case, 4.5 RE, 33" BFG, Dana 44 Rear, Detroit front/rear

Comment

Nice to meet everyone today. I had a great time slip sliding in the mud. Can't wait to do it again.
                      "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Had a great time on my first run up Cleghorn. A real test for the newly upgraded suspension. It was really nice to put faces to people's names on the forum. Like to say thanks to Double G for the lead and to Russ for his organization of the event.
                        Look forward to wheeling with the MJR crew again!

Comment

good meeting everyone and also wheeling with those i've seen before, hope to see you out on the trails again soon.

didn't get many good pics, only a few vids of my sorry butt spending what seemed like eternity trying to get up the first section of the v-notch (thanks max and malachi!)

v-notch difficulties - trying to get traction

nearing the peak of the mountain
                          Last edited by maddmike; 01-06-08, 02:28 PM.
                          03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Wasn't able to make it to the Bass Pro to meet everyone, but was able to catch up at the Cleghorn trailhead. After the first LONG v-notch with ruts and mud...I was pretty much done. If it was just me and I didn't have someone elses kid with me I would have stuck it out. Can't wait to see all the pictures

Comment

:oops: I can't believe I wussed out on going...
                              Looks like everyone had a lot of fun....

It's just that work has been really, really slow, if not non-existent:poop:, so, as you could imagine, funds are lowering. And with a baby on the way....etc..ok,ok

Just wanted everyone to know, that I am really disappointed :sad:that I did not make it out there....
                              Hopefully I will see you all soon...
                              David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
                              I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

Working...
                              X