Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Run of 08

I know this is last minute, but David (highway 420) just got thru installing his winch and we've both got the day off, so we figured we'd try and hit some local trails. With Rowher being closed down, that pretty much leaves Frazier Park and Gorman. Not sure which trails we'll be running at this point . . . we'll figure that out over the CB on the way up the hill! The plan is to meet at my house in Chatsworth around 9 so if anyone would like to join, post up and we can figure out a place to meet up.

Happy New Year!!!!
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

What this ride isn't until next year............
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Rowher is closed?
      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

thats what he said in his post. so we went to frazier park
        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

any pics? how was the condition of the trail?
          [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

There was only little patches of snow, mostly just 'damp' dirt. Which was nice for dust. The water crossings had some ice sheets over them. Other than that, I just looked at my camera, and only have maybe 2 pictures and 2 short videos of us crossing one of the streams. Funny really.... Since right after I turned the camera off, we each took turns ramming the same water at 10-15mph....that was fun.
            I will put the videos up on utube soon. But disclaimer, video shows that it may have been boring, but rest assured, it was a good time 'after the cameras stop rolling'

It was just a relaxing time in the hills, no major stuff.
            A great way to kick off the New Year.
            David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
            I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
              Rowher is closed?
              Yeah . . . that whole area including Rowher Flats and Drinkwater Flats are closed due to the fire that went thru there a couple of months ago. I'd called the Ranger Station about 2 weeks ago and was told that it will probably remain closed for about a year and a half.
              That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Working...
              X