Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anza Borrego

Reid (LandCrusher'70 from Adventure4x4.net) and I took a trip up to Anza to run Horse Canyon. We discovered Horse Canyon after a group of us had a disappointing run to Upper Coyote Canyon last May, and have been wanting to get back there ever since.

Horse Canyon has some nice obstacles for those wanting a challenge and bypasses for those who don't. Some of the challenging spots from last May would have been impossible this time due to erosion from rain. There are also water crossings, however, this time out they were not too wet. Reid and I ventured up into the canyon as far as we could after passing a couple of very tight squeezes.

We met a couple of other rigs (an older CJ and a new 4Runner) who followed us out. They had to turnaround at one obstacle, that did not offer a bypass, due to the stock 4Runner's clearance. The 4Runner mangled both running boards on previous obstacles.

On the way out we took a side wash which, I believe, is named White Wash. This was a very rocky wash that we also took as far as we could. At the end is a pretty neat (dry) rock waterfall.

We didn't take as much footage as we should have. There were only two rigs so there was no excuse. To top it off, I forgot the memory card for my camera.:oops:

Anyway, here is what we did get. The (video) shot of me going through the second "squeeze" is cutoff because the battery died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3AiTx0xNi8

Nice job on the video! Thanks for posting, it was great to watch.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
    X