Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Days of Borrego

Spent our wedding anniversary wheelin in Anza Borrego area for three days.:thumbs_up Had a great time, weather was a little chilly at times but nice. Went up Rockhouse Cyn, Coyote Cyn and Fish Creek. Spent some time playing in OSVRA, lots of folks coming in for the holiday weekend. Cross-Over trail was fun but VERY hard to follow especially at night!
    Got some pics of Coyote Cyn but forgot the flashcard in the room on our ride to Fish Creek so we didn't get any pics of that, sorry....Do'oh!
    If anyone finds themselves going up Rockhouse Cyn any time soon and you make it all the way to the end where the camp site is and you find a plastic waterjug looking thing laying on the gound it belongs to my dogs, it's their spillproof water, opps...:bonk:
    By the way, does anybody know why Coyote Cyn does not go all the way thru, is it just because it was washed out?

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Coming down Coyote Cyn, we haven't been on this trail in 11 yrs. Big difference in ride/abilty compared to the '94 Wrangler back then.

Don't remember this watercrossing but no worries, we have Superhero support!

Sooo much left to explore, three days just not enough....
    John & Kristi

I found this link to a pdf that explains the controversy regarding the closing of access between upper and lower Coyote Canyon.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/712/files/020805.pdf

I may have seen your group coming through Fish Creek. Our group was moving slowly since one of our rigs blew out his rear diff and we towed it until a buddy brought his trailer down from Ocotillo Wells. I saw a group of jeeps head on by and one of them had an MJR sticker. I don't remember what the jeep looked like- there were tons of them out today.

Dave

Comment

Coyote Cyn

Originally posted by dhsundance View Post
      I found this link to a pdf that explains the controversy regarding the closing of access between upper and lower Coyote Canyon.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/712/files/020805.pdf

I may have seen your group coming through Fish Creek. Our group was moving slowly since one of our rigs blew out his rear diff and we towed it until a buddy brought his trailer down from Ocotillo Wells. I saw a group of jeeps head on by and one of them had an MJR sticker. I don't remember what the jeep looked like- there were tons of them out today.

Dave
      There is a lot more involved besides what is in the press release. If the Supt. of the park had his way we be restricted to the black top. The Middle Willows is so overgrown one cannot hike through it. The Big Horn Sheep won't come down to drink from it because they don't have a clear field of view. There are mountain lions out there.
      Dave did you make it to the fence on the lower end. Still a nice ride.
      George

Comment

Originally posted by TDS SD View Post
        There is a lot more involved besides what is in the press release. If the Supt. of the park had his way we be restricted to the black top. The Middle Willows is so overgrown one cannot hike through it. The Big Horn Sheep won't come down to drink from it because they don't have a clear field of view. There are mountain lions out there.
        Dave did you make it to the fence on the lower end. Still a nice ride.
        George
        George,
        I know what you mean about the Supt of ADSP- he has banned geocaches within the park in the last week. I also got a message on Justruns from Tim Slaby that the Fire Hydrant in Truckhaven is now within the park boundaries and they were chasing jeepers out of there too.

About running up to the fence line- I've done it before but I was running Pinyon Rd to Fish Creek yesterday.

Dave

Comment

Wow! Sounds like the Supe thinks he owns the place. Is the Supertendant of Parks incumbent or is it a hired position?
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Everyone has a boss, if you disagree with the park super, find out who he or she reports to and file a complaint or schedule a meeting with the super and their superior to resolve any disagreements. No one can make up thier own rules..... due process and all
            Last edited by Roger; 01-01-08, 10:53 AM. Reason: misspelled word!
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Coyote Cyn

.....thx for the info, figured it was something like a power play .......sure would be fun trail if it where open all the way thru....
              John & Kristi

Comment

Working...
              X