Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bear Snow Run

Predicting snow in Big Bear. I'm planning a run on Sunday. Be prepared for foul weather. I'll be going up 3n14 from Apple Valley. Who's interested?
    I've been told I have rocks in my head.

I might be there...assuming there is snow. How do you get to 3n14 in Apple Valley? Is that the trail that goes up the mountain and ends up in fawnskin?
    92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

Wow? More precipitation in SOCAL? AwlRite! Wish I was there, but I'm getting soaked in Oregon right now...

Rat
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

we are supposed to get hit pretty good on friday and into sat.......wish i could go too, but will be skiing ( patrolling ) instead

Comment

Originally posted by paultyler View Post
          I might be there...assuming there is snow. How do you get to 3n14 in Apple Valley? Is that the trail that goes up the mountain and ends up in fawnskin?
          I'm planning on leaving from Bear Valley & Central in Apple Valley at 9AM. We can easily get to 3N14 from there. Anyone planning on attending, please let me know so we can stick together. There hasn't been much response yet but I suspect that will change with the weather.
          Last edited by Paul B; 12-06-07, 05:08 PM. Reason: added Apple Valley

Comment

I might make it...

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
              I might make it...
              Hope you can make it. I have a few other VV4W members ready to go........the more the merrier.

Comment

What a great day!! I decided to bite the bullet and go on the snow run. However, after I filled my gas tank and was waiting for the receipt, I smelled a VERY strong gas smell. I got the receipt and looked under the Desert Jewel and there was a bunch of gas leaking out of the skid plate forming 2 really nice sized puddles. I called Jesse (Kodiak Spirit) and he was heading out the door for church so sent me to Craig's (wilez5150). So I called Paul B to let him know I wouldn't be able to go on the run and he just happened to be a couple blocks away and met me. He looked all around and couldn't see anything...and sent me on to Craig's.
                Craig put it on the stand and checked her all out. He thinks it is leaking from the fuel pump hose and wants me to come back after my gas tank is empty again. Sooooo...I was really bummed that I was gonna miss the snow day. But then Casey showed up and was ready to go play in the snow. Yippee!!
                We loaded up the "IT" and headed out to catch up to the group. We managed to get part way up the beginning of White Mountain and then came to a fallen tree. We tried to winch it out of the way, but it was too big and the ground was too slick. So we all turned around and headed up to 3n16. We stopped to have lunch and get the blood flowing in our bodies for a little while. Casey & I, and Eddie, Peggy, and Yvette decided to head back home, while the rest of the group continued on to John Bull. We were really happy we chose to go home when we did, because it was really getting too cold. We had a lot of fun, despite the snow flurries, freezing temperatures and not being able to feel our feet or hands

This is a picture of Casey's "IT"...clearly shows why we were so cold:

Here is Paul B & Lisa:

Here is Eddie, Peggy & Yvette:

And some beautiful scenery:

Comment

We had a nice run. The plan was to traverse White Mtn. There was a little too much snow for us to accomplish the trail safely. After some good wheeling, one reset bead and winching a large tree off the trail we turned around. Two rigs went home and the rest of us headed toward John Bull. Casey decided it would be in his best interest to get home before dark (he and Desert Jewel were in the buggy), Eddie accompanied him down the hill. 4 rigs made it to John Bull. It was about 3:30 when we started on the "fun" part of the trail. I was getting very skeptical about continuing into the rough stuff so late in the day. 4 more Jeeps caught up to us and wanted to complete the trail. Dale and his grandkids decided to turn around with me and head back toward home. 2 of the rigs that started with us hooked up with the 4 new Jeeps and headed off into the clouds and rocks. Dale and I got out of the snow and ice on 3N14 just as the sun was setting.
                  In summary, the trip was fun and COLD with only 1/2 doors and no heater.

TURN ON THE HEATER!!!
                  This is dedication, bringing a buggy on a snow run.
                  [IMG][/IMG]

Clearing a path on White Mtn.
                  Even after winching this tree off the trail we had to turn around due to the lack of traction in the snow.
                  [IMG][/IMG]

Pinned you mom!!!
                  [IMG][/IMG]

Got out of the snow just before dark
                  [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

hey desert jewel if i would have known it was you in the buggy i would have said hi lol we ran john bull with the guys that went on this run we had a blast and enjoyed the snow
                    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

well i dont know what i was thinking when john(bodyman)called and said lets run gold mountain my jeep has no doors no heater.the ride up wasnt bad till we hit runningsprings then it got cold .
                      my fingers were the first to go then the toes lolwell we ended up turnin back near the trail head but
                      i still had a great time .woudnt of missed it for nothing. i know how the guy that brought the buggy feels
                      :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

:gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

just looking at the pics are making me cold.
                          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Great photos, but I can't imagine doing that without a heater! Looks like a good time in spite of the cold.
                            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                            [/COLOR]

Comment

Wow! Great pictures. When I was leaving the mountain on Saturday it was coming down pretty good. I knew you guys would have very white run. Julie, your nuts. Like calduc said...I'm cold just looking at that rig.
                              Check out .

Comment

Working...
                              X