Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bear in the Snow

a few of us took off to big bear on saturday for a day of wheel'n in 23 degree weather with snow still falling. We were limited on where we could go due to road closures still in effect but all in all, it was a good time.

Check out the Rugged Rocks Image Gallery for all the pics: Big Bear 4 Wheeling in the snow

Heres a few teasers

Last edited by SteeevO; 12-04-07, 04:02 PM.
    Rugged Rocks Off Road Nissan 4x4 stuff

Nice pics Steeevo. Thanks for sharing. Looks like a good time.
    Check out .

Comment

cool icicles coming off the trucks
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I envy you guys! It's been a while since I was able to wheel in the snow and mud! Maybe next time!!!!

Nice solid axle conversion on the Pathfinder!
        Money pit!

Comment

Glad we missed you! I have enough mud as it is! Looks like wherever you went had a LOT more mud than Gold Mountain! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pdw View Post
            I envy you guys! It's been a while since I was able to wheel in the snow and mud! Maybe next time!!!!

Nice solid axle conversion on the Pathfinder!
            Thanks for the props on the Solid Axle Conversion!
            Here is the writeup on it if you are interested in taking a look at it.
            http://www.4wdandsportutility.com/te...ion/index.html

There is going to be a "Phase 2" article writen going up in late Jan/ Early Feb.

But the trip was a good time, the ice was frozen on thick and the icicles were growing long on the bumpers.

When i got home, my neighbors were outside as i parked the muddy beast. One of them came over with a serious look on his face. He started telling me how the USFS was looking for me and how we were on illegal land or private property or something... i started to have aflashback of everwhere we went thinking of where we could have possibly gone wrong..... I started to get nervous and then..... He said he was joking... haha what a punk.
            Last edited by SteeevO; 12-04-07, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Sweet pathy you got there,kinda looks like mineYou get the rear suspension figured out yet?

Comment

Originally posted by bodyman909 View Post
                Sweet pathy you got there,kinda looks like mineYou get the rear suspension figured out yet?
                Hey! Theres a familiar rig!
                But nope, i'm still running on stock links & brackets. they arn't as bad as i thought they were going to be but i still want to go long arm for sure. i'm looking for something "off-the-shelf" that i could use. but it probably won't happen for a while.

Comment

I read the article on the axle install. I have to say that it is a job that is well done on a truck that doesn't have as much aftermarket support as it probably should.........
                  Post up again when you guys plan another run!
                  Money pit!

Comment

It actually flexes pretty good with the stock links,we should hit some trails...

Comment

Working...
                    X