Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ord Mountains

Another great day in the Ord Mountain area exploring. It was cold and windy but no snow and lots of sunshine. Explored Sweetwater Springs area with Dave and Kelly via an old access trail that was barely visible in places. Basic BLM roads to and from but awesome scenery and views. It was different to have someone take photo's of me. Usally by myself / no photographer.
    Check out pic's at:
    http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/great88jeep

Go to "Ord Mountain" album

I explore this area almost every weekend if anyone wants to do some mine exploring. Most trails/roads are easy, some 4x4 in low range. Lots of history out there!

Mitch - great88
    Last edited by Mitch; 12-02-07, 09:51 AM.

great pictures mitch i def wanna go back out there soon
    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Hey that look,s like a great time Nice Pictures thanks ....Geeb..
      "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Looks like a great time Mitch! Count me in, some time soon!
        Best, Max7
        "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hey Mitch,

I think I'm going to have some time off between Christmas & New Year. I'd like to do a local run somewhere! BTW, Looks like the Jeep is running great now. I'm pretty relieved....

Roger
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Took another run to the Ord Mountains today. I met up with Steve and TJ Clay at the Chevron Station in Lucerne and then we caught up with Dave on Hwy 247 heading north towards Barstow. We checked out the "New Deal" mine off OM7440 , then drove OM6440 to the area of "Sweetwater Springs". We checked out one of the many mines in the area. We walked in about 200 feet and explored several 75 - 100 foot side tunnels. We then went back on 6440 to the "WALL". This is a loose, long steep hill that I've avoided, but with the boys along I had to do it. I remember someone saying "use it like it was meant to be used". So it was a piece of cake and we were off to "Camp Skee" which is really "camp" next to "5188" on the topo. We explored the old miners cabin and walked to the back of the short 80 foot mine tunnel (next time it's the 1000 foot tunnel). Next was to Ord Belt Gold Mine (this time with a flashlight). I went up the loose climb that stopped me on the previous trip and made it! We explored the "Crawl Into" tunnel that is marked at 411 feet at the back. The Other boys drove to the upper level and checked other tunnels while I waited and snacked. We back tracked to the "WALL" and this time went down it on the way to the pipeline road back to Erickson Dry Lake and to Lucerne. Great day wheeling with great friends and some more milestones for me! Works sucks - Go wheeling.

Check out the new photo's at:
            http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/great88jeep/

Sub album "Ord Mountain"

Mitch - great88
            Last edited by Mitch; 12-16-07, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Looks like a great trip, Nice photos. Thanks for the report!
              Best, Max7
              "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Best time yet, Mitch. Great to see you "doing". Think its time for the "Circle T", and the water filled mine on top.
                :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Mitch, great pics. Looks like a great place to explore. Going to have to check it out. Also looks as if your climbing some tougher stuff. I think it's time for Heartbreak.
                  Check out .

Comment

Working...
                  X