Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If someone will clue me in on posting attachments, I mapped the location.
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

If you are talking about pictures or images...

The image needs to be hosted. I host mine at photobucket, but there are plenty of sites that host pictures.

One the picture is on the web you link it to this site

On the screen just above where you type in your message there is a little box with a mountain and sun in it.

That is the button to add images to your post. Just type in the address where your image is located.

The .jpg below can be found at http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1.../Maps/Tree.jpg

Then to link it to this forum as a picture it needs to have [img] tags. One before the address and one after the address with a backslash /img. The image button adds the img tags.

Last edited by FishPOET; 12-05-07, 01:20 PM.
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY

Comment

Thanks to Doug and Dirtman. You guys are making me work!
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY

Comment

Update - this will be taken care of this weekend. Big thanks to y'all. I've been promised pictures - will post them when I get them.
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
              Thanks to Doug and Dirtman. You guys are making me work!
              Nice work, Looks good.:thumbs_up
              Check out .

Comment

Update - this will be taken care of this weekend. Big thanks to y'all. I've been promised pictures - will post them when I get them.
                Sweet, with more wet weather, I look forward to the pictures!
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

No pictures yet, but here's the report from one of the AAT folks.

Bear Valley 4X4's arrived at the trail head to Gold Mountain 3N69 at 10:AM Sunday morning the 9th of Dec. with 14 rigs and 2 chainsaws. We worked our way up the trail with a foot of untracked snow on the trail. I hear their was some winching and strapping involved but that is just hearsay. When we got to the tree blocking the trail there was to much snow to do a full job. We limbed it so people can go by safely and we will come back when the snow clears. Their also seems to be a larger tree blocking the quarry road which we will investigate next time. We had to do some limbing along the way so rigs wouldn't slide into them.
                  We had 18 people with 5 hours each (90 hours) on the trail and 823 travel and trail miles.
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY

Comment

No pictures yet, but here's the report from one of the AAT folks.

Bear Valley 4X4's arrived at the trail head to Gold Mountain 3N69 at 10:AM Sunday morning the 9th of Dec. with 14 rigs and 2 chainsaws. We worked our way up the trail with a foot of untracked snow on the trail. I hear their was some winching and strapping involved but that is just hearsay. When we got to the tree blocking the trail there was to much snow to do a full job. We limbed it so people can go by safely and we will come back when the snow clears. Their also seems to be a larger tree blocking the quarry road which we will investigate next time. We had to do some limbing along the way so rigs wouldn't slide into them.
                    We had 18 people with 5 hours each (90 hours) on the trail and 823 travel and trail miles.
                    Give them our thanks Jeff. Really appreciate them dragging up the mountain. From what I can see of it from my house, it's gotten POUNDED with snow since this trip.
                    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

No problem - that's what they're (and you're) out here for. I'll download the pictures I was emailed tomorrow and post a few. Airport kicked my butt today - time for a beer and a cigar methinks.
                      Jeff
                      OHV76V
                      KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez View Post
                        Give them our thanks Jeff. Really appreciate them dragging up the mountain. From what I can see of it from my house, it's gotten POUNDED with snow since this trip.
                        Yeah, they did... here's my uncle's place in Big Bear:

If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Great pictures guys. Can't wait to go back up the mountain. Thanks for the update.
                            Check out .

Comment

Ok, here's the pictures from the tree trimming "expedition" - notice there's a wee bit more snow than before

Thanks again for the heads up MJR - this is exactly how this Program is supposed to work!
                              Jeff
                              OHV76V
                              KG6TY

Comment

right on man, thats what I'm talking 'bout, you guys deserve a medal (or at least a drink :beer. thank you very much
                                “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                                -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X