Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bear

Going up this weekend with a few heads. If it snows we'll probably need chains. Running Bull backwards is easier if thats the consensus.

(did I already post this ? can't find it if I did)
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Count me in if no chains are needed. If chains are needed, I'll be a 'maybe' pending a find on craigslist or something close/local/cheap!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
      Count me in if no chains are needed. If chains are needed, I'll be a 'maybe' pending a find on craigslist or something close/local/cheap!

What size tires? I have chains you can borrow if they fit.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

33x12.5r15. Sarah's offered some to be borrowed as well . Rat, you gonna make this run?

Comment

Chains?

Sorry . . . another newbie question . . . this will be my first winter with the Jeep. I could swear that I read in the owners manual that because I have a Rubi, I shouldn't use chains . . . am I hallucinating? If I'm not hallucinating, is this due to the lockers or something else? Does this apply for on-road only and I'll need chains to do any type off-road snow run?
          That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

I don't have chains

I'll be coming up the trail through Pioneer Town...not Pipes Canyon...the other one who's name escapes me right now...but I may be able to slip past the coppers that way without chains. The trail is very easy but snow may make it too slippery...and if that's the case, I'll cell phone ya'll and let you know.

Not withstanding all that...I'm in!

I assume Ch. 4?
            Last edited by USMC 0369; 11-28-07, 08:07 PM.
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
              Sorry . . . another newbie question . . . this will be my first winter with the Jeep. I could swear that I read in the owners manual that because I have a Rubi, I shouldn't use chains . . . am I hallucinating? If I'm not hallucinating, is this due to the lockers or something else? Does this apply for on-road only and I'll need chains to do any type off-road snow run?
              Should'nt or don't have to?
              The only requirement for chains is if it snows hard enough that the cops won't let us up the hill without them. I think I may have started a mild panic suggesting we may need chains. So far only possible snow showers are forcasted which may not even be enough for chains. Lets see what the weather does and go from there.

Comment

seriously, who needs chains???
                OffRoadFreak AKA Flying Dutchman. 1999 TJ. RE 4.5". 1" body lift. D44 F&R, Lockers F&R, 35" MTRs, Guts to try...well..almost anything.

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead View Post
                  Going up this weekend with a few heads. If it snows we'll probably need chains. Running Bull backwards is easier if thats the consensus.

(did I already post this ? can't find it if I did)
                  let us know what time and where to meet
                  OffRoadFreak AKA Flying Dutchman. 1999 TJ. RE 4.5". 1" body lift. D44 F&R, Lockers F&R, 35" MTRs, Guts to try...well..almost anything.

Comment

I'm thinking Fawnskin firestation around 8-9am sat morn. "Rat, where you bees' ma broda'?" I think he's burnt on BBear.
                    CH4 sounds good.

Comment

Paul, I may see you up there as I'm going with a few buddies and we are also running John Bull. If you see a black LJ on 35's give me a shout.

Comment

the more the merrier.

Comment

Mrs is voicing concerns due to weather and not having full doors for the Jeep. Still planning on coming right now, will keep you appraised of situation.

On my way to tune the carb and load trail gear into the Jeep.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez View Post
                            Mrs is voicing concerns due to weather and not having full doors for the Jeep. Still planning on coming right now, will keep you appraised of situation.

On my way to tune the carb and load trail gear into the Jeep.
                            Bring blanket, use heater!

See you all tomorrow!

Comment

To be clear, planning to run Gold Mountain and J.B. backwards correct?

Paul, do you anticpate being done in time to head into B.Bear and have dinner at Paolis & do a little shopping? [Barb wants to know.]

Comment

Working...
                              X