Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSNT : The Quest For Dirt......

Hey everyone, haven't posted in a while, but been surfin the site now and then to see all the great trips I missed. Joe keeps calling me, and I keep saying, "damn, I can't...I have to ....."

Well, I never thought I would have to say no to trails.
    And, now I am starting a campaign for "Never Say No to Trails" (NSNT).

Anyone who is interested in getting out this weekend, please post up. It doesn't have to be Miller, I actually want to go to Rowher, but apparently, it's still closed.
    Joe just did Miller, as you can see from his great report, but is willing to go again, if others want to conquer Miller.
    Anyway, enough rambling....
    Please, post up ideas.....:beer::pizza:
    (Limit is a joke, BTW, any rig is welcome....)
    David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
    I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Well, I might have to work this Saturday, which, as I can see will disappoint a lot people. :sad: :thumbs_do
    (Hey, Joe, a little help here....)

This is why I am afraid to try and actually have a specific run set up, my job is so random sometimes.

I won't know until Wed. if Sat is on.
    But, I will tell you this much, if Sunday is open for me, I am gonna go somewhere, even if its just Gormin....

I will update on Wed.
    Until then...

Comment

NSNT - who me???

"Never Say No to Trails" . . . when have I ever??? :dunno: You know me . . . I'm in!!! If you have to work on Sat, I'm sure Sun will be just fine, especailly for a local run. Did you verify that Rohwer is still closed? Doesn't seem like anyone's had a chance to check it out since the rumors of the forest service blowing off a chunk of that rock on the first climb. I think I've run Miller 4x in the last two months, but I'll run it again if that's where everybody feels like going . . . maybe I'll try it blindfolded this time!!! I'll keep an eye on this post and see what develops . . . hope to see a bunch of you guys this weekend!
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
        "Never Say No to Trails" . . . when have I ever??? :dunno: You know me . . . I'm in!!! If you have to work on Sat, I'm sure Sun will be just fine, especailly for a local run. Did you verify that Rohwer is still closed? Doesn't seem like anyone's had a chance to check it out since the rumors of the forest service blowing off a chunk of that rock on the first climb. I think I've run Miller 4x in the last two months, but I'll run it again if that's where everybody feels like going . . . maybe I'll try it blindfolded this time!!! I'll keep an eye on this post and see what develops . . . hope to see a bunch of you guys this weekend!
        Blindfolded is for the 6th time. Doing it in Reverse Gear is the standard 5th time style :wink:

Sharon & I might be up for a run this weekend, but like Highway420, I will not know until closer to the end of the week.
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

This one sounds good to me..I,m still looking to get myself a air compressor or tank of some sort $$ right now kinda tight and I only wanna buy one ,so I want something that will last..Anyway really need to get out,my last run was Miller with Schmo-Highway 420-Sar jeeper and a few others that was a couple of months ago...I,ll keep checking this post ..hope something gets setup..Geeb
          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Drove by rowher sat & it is still closed..

Comment

Drink Water Flats, in Santa Clarita is open..Anyone ever been there??

Comment

Drinkwater is closed also
                http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/angeles/news...e-lifted.shtml
                it's an easy trail - anything stock could make it, just hill climbing & riding along ridge lines
                http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ght=drinkwater

Comment

OOP,S My bad I heard it was open..guess my source was wrong,,

Comment

This is terrible, nothing local is open. Not that Miller isn't a great trail, but another choice would be great. Any other suggestions?

I know there's a couple of you who haven't run Miller yet..... So, we could actually start a little voting here.
                    Joe says he's gonna go blind folded this time if we go to Miller again.
                    I say we do Miller just for that.
                    Gees, Joe, I remember when you wanted a spot for just little obsticle here and there, now you're one of the Gurus of the Miller trail.

1. Miller
                    2. Gormin trail or two (pronghorn, really easy, hardest part is avoiding bikes n quads)
                    3. Suggestion..........

Comment

May I suggest Shredder Cyn. Tough trail, most obstacles have bypasses. Trail is about 1 1/4 mile (if I recall), but can take upwards of 3+ hours.

Search here for more info.
                      Search google for even more info.
                      PM me for ever more better info (like how to get there!)

Comment

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post
                        May I suggest Shredder Cyn. Tough trail, most obstacles have bypasses. Trail is about 1 1/4 mile (if I recall), but can take upwards of 3+ hours.

Search here for more info.
                        Search google for even more info.
                        PM me for ever more better info (like how to get there!)

Whoa!! :omg:
                        Just from the name it sounds like we'd be coming back with some new pinstripes or fender mods.
                        Is this a trail that I can go to with my LJ and only 2"Budget??
                        I don't want to just go somewhere just to go and end up changing the look of the jeep, know what I mean? I'm ready go, as long as I have a chance to make it.

Comment

Yeah, I'm in the same boat with David! I checked on the trail reports for Shredder and think it's a bit more than me and my rig are quite ready for. Sounds like at least 33s with lockers are needed for this one, and the pics look pretty nasty. Maybe not for my daily driver!!!

This type of extreme desert ’wheelin’ requires a low-geared machine with mucho clearance, gigante’ flex, and grande huevos. Large boulders provide continuous challenges, the steep downhill section becomes narrower, often confining you to only one line through the boulders...cross-ups are inevitable. One section looked too tight for a Jeep...but to our surprise, he squeezed through the slot by the skin of his teeth, almost shredding the whole right side on a jagged boulder. He just smiled and said, “How do you think this canyon got its name?” Although this trail is short in length, it offers a lot of challenges for weekend rockcrawlers. For a new local trail, Shredder Canyon is hard-core four-wheeling at its best.

Comment

Is that all we've got?

It's a damn good thing I like Miller!!! Doesn't sound like there's much in the way of trails within an hour or so . . . I busted out the Wells book and everything! Bummer to hear about Rowher and Drinkwater . . . I really wanted to run Rowher again and check out some of the Drinkwater Flats trails as I've been on a couple, but there are a bunch out there. Hopefully they'll re-open soon. I was kinda thinking that, if we do run Miller agian, I'd stop by the Ranger Station and check into any type of adopt a Ranger type of program or at least see if Los Padres has some type of program to help keep the trails open, etc. Maybe I'll cruise up a little early and I can just meet up with you all at the Ranger Station as we'll probably need to run West Frazier Mine Rd to Lockwood if the access road is still closed.

Comment

I would be up for miller, have not been inn a loonng time. Sat or Sun is good, Sun may be better.

Comment

Working...
                              X