Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattle Snake

Well what a great day! Clear and brisk. As always a friendly and great bunch of people. We traveled from Big Bear down 2n02 through Rattle Snake Canyon. Although this is all fairly moderate we made it seem like so much more! Here's the pics I took.... I know there are more out there so post 'em up! Damage report: Chuck down (1) shock, but I think he wished it was all (4). Roger had some engine woes that he will hopefully get the bugs out of soon.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Great Trip - Great Bunch of People!

There are not words to describe what a great bunch of people today!

Special thanks to Max who always carries trash bags and never passes up trash on the trail! Also, there wasn't a rock outcropping that Max could pass by without going over the top of it!

Thanks to Paulhead and all the other guys who helped me with my engine problems. Got'er up and running they did!

Anytime you all want to travel together again - I'm in. . .

Roger
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Thanks for the great trip, the kids and I had a blast. Sorry we had to cut out early I would have liked to finish the trail with you guys.

WYRD

Comment

What a great day. 13 rigs (1 clean Bronco, 2 XJ's, 1 JK 4 door,
        1 Nissan truck, and 8 Jeeps).

Check out the pic's at: http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/great88jeep/

Mitch

Comment

Nice pics. Looks like everyone had fun. I counted 11 Jeeps, 1 Bronco and 1 Nissan though.
          Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Great Pics and It looks like it was a great run.

Hey Max! It looks like you found some new rocks to crawl while going in the other direction than usual :haha:
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Hey Mike,

I think this would be fun to run up from Hwy247 to 2N02 and then turn around and run it back to Hwy247. The canyon looks very different heading north (down stream). Wish you could have made it.

Comment

well i had so much fun yesterday i went thru again today lol went from 247 up rattlesnake to 2n02 then thru cactus flats and the back up 18 down 3n16 hoping all the horses were still out
                [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Scott,

I would have jumped on that run again, wish I knew. Did you take 3N16 to 3N14 to Apple Valley on your way home?

Comment

nope we came back down the 18 and we really didnt knwo we were going we were having breakfast at dennys and my buddy who is moving to reno today said lets go so off we went lol
                    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Another great run with a great group. We had a good turn out. Nice easy run with some fun obstacles along the way. One thing I still can't understand is every time I do these easy runs I do more damage then when I do the more difficult ones. Go figure.

The rest of my pics are here. If it works.
                      http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...11-23/?start=0
                      Check out .

Comment

Unfortunately I forgot my camera (and GPS) and all, but thanks everybody for a great run! We had a blast! I'll post a couple pictures my Uncle took later tonight. He got a couple staging pics and Max playing on the rocks while Roger's engine woes were taken care of! Thanks again to all, and it was nice meeting you all!
                        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Glad i got to meet all of you on the run. it was a good time! i'll be posting up a few pictures that i took very soon. but in the mean time who was it that invented the new trail rating??....
                          Rugged Rocks Off Road Nissan 4x4 stuff

Comment

Originally posted by SteeevO View Post
                            Glad i got to meet all of you on the run. it was a good time! i'll be posting up a few pictures that i took very soon. but in the mean time who was it that invented the new trail rating??....
                            LOL!!!
                            Check out .

Comment

Working...
                            X