Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson Valley with NAXJA

Johnson Valley may be the most well rounded desert area to explore in all of Southern California. From world class rocks to steep sandy hills, desert race courses to sand dunes and sandy washes to old mines. It has something for everyone.

Tracy and I arrived at base camp on Means Dry Lake at 4pm on Friday and set up camp.

On Saturday we ran with the exploration group first North, then to the back canyon near Aftershock, down near the entrance to Sunbonnet, over to "Dawg's Oasis"

and back to camp. Saturday night had a huge raffle and stories of the day's exploits told over the campfire.

We met up with peteyg and Elusive on the trail on Saturday and NAILER341 on Sunday.

The weather was PERFECT.

All the pics can be seen at
    http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...0Valley/11-07/
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Great pics! Thanks for the report. The Pearl is looking cooler and tougher every time I see her.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Yup!
      we keep running into each other on the trails.
      We had a great weekend out there as well. I love racing back to camp at the end of the day, my stretched junk hits almost 70 MPH in the open desert now..
      It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

It cool running into you on the trail, Doug. Sorry we didn't make it by your camp. We were only out for a day trip, and boogied on home as soon as we got back to the tow rigs. We had to hurry so we could wait an hour for our food to get to us at the Denny's in Yucca Valley....
        '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Nice pics Doug. The weather does look perfect! Wow!
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Man wish i could have made it. Thanks for the pics Doug.
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
            X