Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacumba / Table Mtn.

Well, I cruised on out to Jacumba today with a Liberty, Land Cruiser and 4Runner with the intent to run several trails but only ended up finishing one since trail repairs took up so much time.

Wrangler: cracked windshield
    Liberty: snapped a-arm
    Land Cruiser: ripped sidewall
    4Runner: crunched exhaust

We had a blast!

Hey! I've been there before!!! I did JTF-6 missions (border patrol help) around there (and on Jacumba). That hill climb looks pretty gnarly. Pretty country, hope to be down that way again some day. Thanks for the pics!!!

p.s. nice carnage!
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

How did you get the KJ off the trail?
      -Burchie
      LOST JEEPS So Cal President

Comment

Originally posted by Burchie View Post
        How did you get the KJ off the trail?
        Well, the way the a-arm was hanging there, the broken edge would have ripped through the tire tred. The wheel was leaning in at about 45 dgrees. So we took out the battery and the tray to get at the bolts holding the a-arm. Once that was out, we limped out real slow and kept an eye on it. There's a couple of gas stations just down the road. Left it there and had it towed the next day.

It snapped right at the weld so hopfully the manufacturer will take care of everything for him. That liberty does pretty good on the trail; locked in the rear and limited-slip in front but the IFS has its limits.

Comment

Hey.... we found that hill climb. I'm sorry, pictures do not do the terrain justice. 'Very Narly' would be more accurate.

Cool, thanks for sharing.
          "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
          (Charles Wells)

Comment

Working...
          X