Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Double AA View Post
    calduc, you're welcome to caravan out with us. We'll be leaving early. PM your number and we'll pick an off ramp to meet at.
    Good luck caravaning with andrew and that monster tow rig they have, get ready for a 95 MPH caravan speed !!
    Have fun out there guys we had a good time out there last weekend, watch out for that eroded spot where the old car used to be, I heard there have been a couple roll overs. Kurt and Andrew at that spot there is a new waterfall that people are using to get up check it out and myabe it would be a little fun for you guys !
    moon buggy
    5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Count me in!!! I plan on camping Saturday night, so I'll have Turbo ridin' shotgun. Sounds like Kurt and Andrew are planning for a really early run and then meeting up with the everyone around 10am . . . is that right? If that's the plan, seeing that I'll be there both days, I'd probably just meet up with everybody at 10am and catch a few more zzzzz's, but I don't want to miss this so if I need be on the road at 5am, I will! I've never been to Calico so I'll need some good directions to the meeting place.

-Looking forward to wheelin' with some of you agian and having a chance meet the rest of you for the first time . . .See ya Saturday!
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

well hell then i guessil try to get there earlyer probly around 9 ish
        :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
          Whaaaaaahhaaahahaaaaa :bonk:
          Kurt, your laughter made me laugh so hard I dropped the :present: bottle of Patron :cocktail: I had for you. :oops:

Comment

Originally posted by Dbl AA's Sister View Post
            Kurt, your laughter made me laugh so hard I dropped the :present: bottle of Patron :cocktail: I had for you. :oops:
            Ooohhhhh, don't you dare.... drop that bottle.
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

So what's the plan??? Is everyone meeting early or are some of you still planning to meet around 9 or 10?

Comment

:sad: I have to work. Maybe next time. Be safe.
                Check out .

Comment

I will be leaving simi before 7:30am. Should be there around 9 ish. may even grab some breakfast on way there.
                  Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I'm not sure if I'll be there or not...if I'm not there by 10 am...don't wait for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
                      I'm not sure if I'll be there or not...if I'm not there by 10 am...don't wait for me.
                      No Way . . . Desert Jewel Topless was the main attraction . . . you gotta be there Hope you can make it!

Comment

i should be there around 9 or 10 ish
                        :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by cbrazor1 View Post
                          i should be there around 9 or 10 ish

Calduc and I should be there by 9 . . . Sounds like we'll be on CB Channel 4. I'll PM you with my cell # too.

Comment

Trail Report - Calico 11/17/07

Sharon and I decided to join up with cbrazor1's group at the last minute. It was so last minute that we had to catch up to the group as they were headed up the Doran Loop!

Although the group was planning to camp, we were only able to make it up for the day. Here's a report for the part that we were able share:

It was gorgeous day with great temperatures. We really pushed hard and fast to cath up with the group on Doran. We did so about halfway through. Here's some pics from Doran:

After checking out the Bismark Mine, we headed over to the Wall Street Canyon Overlook:

We then backtracked and went down the Odessa Canyon trail:

Ray got caught by a hole and slid up against the wall:

Luckily there was only a little damage:

More pics from the Odessa run:

Josh got high centered on his belly plate near the end of the trail:

But a little tug freed him up without issue:

Afterward, we stopped by camp and let Andrew air up and prep for heading home. I wanted to go over to the Doran Entrance Gatekeeper to see if anyone was on it and to show the folks that had not seen it yet what it was like. Just to say that I have been on the Doran Entrance, we took a couple of staged shots at the beginning:

But Kurt actually ran the Gatekeeper! See the separate post for all the pics!:

He did it in under 5 minutes.

As we were leaving the staging area, Ray got hung up on a rock. Josh got the honors of pulling him free:

Ray then found an extra credit trail as we were headed out. The trail has a gnarly start and then climbs up to the top of a hill for a nice view. Kurt and I followed him up and had some real fun coming back down:

The soft light near sunset gave some great views:

It was a excellent run for Sharon and I. We really enjoyed wheelin' with old friends and making some new ones. Thanks CBRAZOR1 for putting this together.

I'm looking forward to seeing other folk's pics and hearing what you guys did for a night run.

All my pics can be see at this link:
                            http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...17-07/?start=0
                            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                            [/COLOR]

Comment

Man, I needed that weekend. et tu, Malachi?
                              Josh and Ray, it was great meeting you and yours. Ray, your family is great. Thanks for the burgers and the entertainment. The pyrotechnics were awsome.
                              Mike and Sharon, great pics as always. Looking forward to next time. Again, a typical MJR run; lots of fun with lots of great folks. Oh yeah,and some rocks too.
                              Rat
                              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

hey I really enjoyed meeting new people this weekend. Awesome spotting jobs. Was a real learning weekend. I found out alot, did things I have never done. Also found ways of improvement I need to work on. All in all a great bunch of guys. A worthwhile weekend. Will definetly look forward to other events.
                                Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Working...
                                X