Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roger View Post
    No one seems to have taken charge to put this together. I realize I'm a new guy, but how about this:

Date: Friday Novermber 23, 2007
    Time: 8:30 AM
    Communication: CB ch 14 or email me privatly for my cell Phone number
    Trail: 2N02 (Start at Baldwin Lake) - to Rattlesnake Canyon to Hwy 247 East on Hwy 247 to Pipes Canyon to Burns Canyon to Cactus Flats.
    Trail rating: Easy to moderate

This trail is well away from the recent fires and should be open
    That sounds good! I'll be there with my 2 kids maybe I'll even bring my brother, he's been whining about going 4x4'ing for a while now.
    Money pit!

Comment

I'm trying to talk the pregnant wifey into a run Thanksgiving weekend. If she's not up for it, I may try to sneak away and make it up for one of these runs. I want to do John Bull if she's not there, but will probably have to go for one of the easy/moderate trails if she's coming. Keep us all updated on run plans everybody!!
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

[QUOTE=Roger;89193]No one seems to have taken charge to put this together. I realize I'm a new guy, but how about this:

Trail: 2N02 (Start at Baldwin Lake) - to Rattlesnake Canyon to Hwy 247 East on Hwy 247 to Pipes Canyon to Burns Canyon to Cactus Flats.

This trail is well away from the recent fires and should be open[/QUO Im in! Is this an all day thing or what?

Comment

Ooops! Yeah Ill be there. Should I plan for an all day thing??

Comment

Originally posted by Jr. Bonner View Post
            Ooops! Yeah Ill be there. Should I plan for an all day thing??
            Yes, We can use up most of the day, so pack food & water. We'll want to stop and have some lunch along the trail.
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

well i'll be there on sunday with a few rigs. hit me up (PM me) if you want to go with me.laters
              OffRoadFreak AKA Flying Dutchman. 1999 TJ. RE 4.5". 1" body lift. D44 F&R, Lockers F&R, 35" MTRs, Guts to try...well..almost anything.

Comment

what are the difficulty levels on this particular trail. im up grading this week to some 33"s but dont have time to put in some new gears :bonk:

Comment

Originally posted by DEADMEAT View Post
                  what are the difficulty levels on this particular trail. im up grading this week to some 33"s but dont have time to put in some new gears :bonk:
                  Hey DeadMeat,

You drive a CJ so won't have any trouble. Whatever size tires you currently have will be fine. In Rattle Snake Cyn there is one little area that's a bit trickey, but I'm sure we'll all be spotting for each other.
                  MJR moderator
                  Jeep Patrol Leader
                  Reforestation Supervisor
                  Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                  Eagle Scout

Comment

im gona try and make it to this on e i love wheelin in big bear
                    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

No one seems to have taken charge to put this together. I realize I'm a new guy, but how about this:

This trail is well away from the recent fires and should be open

Hi Roger...just an FYI - Rattlesnake Canyon is closed. Not sure why, but it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
                        Hi Roger...just an FYI - Rattlesnake Canyon is closed. Not sure why, but it is.
                        Yikes! I'll try to call the BLM Monday to find out why. It is well out of the fire area.

Thanks for the info
                        MJR moderator
                        Jeep Patrol Leader
                        Reforestation Supervisor
                        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                        Eagle Scout

Comment

Yikes! I'll try to call the BLM Monday to find out why. It is well out of the fire area.

Thanks for the info
                          I just went to both the BLM and SBNF websites and niether site lists Rattle Snake Cyn as closed. I know it was temorarily closed due to the fires but the restrictions were lifted on 11/08. I will call BLM tomorrow just to be sure...
                          MJR moderator
                          Jeep Patrol Leader
                          Reforestation Supervisor
                          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                          Eagle Scout

Comment

I may make this run, camp out friday night then run John Bull in the morning, come home saturday night to beat the traffic. Just a thought, see if any accomplices chime in, will know for sure by wedsday.
                            “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                            -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Roger,

Not to question others, but I called the Discovery Center and asked about 2N02 and Rattlesnake Canyon and they claimed that both were open and there currently were no restrictions east of the lake. I will drive up there today in my car today (Monday)and check the trail head at 2N02 and then visit the Discovery Center in person. I'll let you know what I find out. If the trail is open I will change my plans and will be there on Friday.

Comment

While You Folks are figuring this Trip out, has anyone thought about adding Jacoby Canyon (3N61)into the mix. I think it's a fun ride, and it's right across from CACTUS FLAT. Just my 2cents added.

Comment

Working...
                                X