Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBNF Closed!

I've noticed several posts in the last day or two with (what appears to be) trail reports for trails run within the San Bernardino National Forest.

The forest is currently CLOSED to all travel, (vehicular or not) by Forest Order. As such - anyone found within the forest boundary in violation of the Forest Order is subject to citation (and possibe vehicle impoundment/arrest depending on the situation)
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

We had to cancel a hike in the Laguna Lake area of the CNF on Saturday. Talking with the ranger on the phone they were hoping to have CNF open again by next weekend with partial closures for the fire area.

Scuttlebutt is that the new Mountain Top Ranger of the SBNF is working his people extra hours to re-open the forest ASAP with partial closures for the burn areas.

I heard 1 report that Azusa Canyon in ANF was open last weekend.

It is always a good idea to call the FS office in the area you are headed before you go to get current conditions.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Cleveland National Forest is at the Highest fire danger level...CRITICAL

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/co...tml#firedanger
      Last edited by Dukes69; 11-05-07, 02:19 PM.
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY
      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Working...
      X