Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco Peak/ Corral Canyone closure

Well I had to find out the hard way that the trail was closed. MAde the drive all the way out there to find signs saying the area is closed due to fire hazard. I am guessing this is still from the fire that was near the area not to long ago.

Man...I was bummed out big time. I havnt been wheeling since August! I have the itch...

anyone else know any info on this area thats closed?
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

I've been keeping an eye on when this area opens. Here's the number for road closures in the cleveland national forest. 619-445-6235

Comment

awesome thanks! we should meet up some time and do Bronco Peak! I love that trail!
      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Oh yes, I love Corral Canyon. I did Sidewinder the weekend before they closed everything down. So when its open again I'll be keeping an eye on the trail runs section.

Comment

so did they close it because of the resent fire?

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
            so did they close it because of the resent fire?
            Well, fire danger I guess. Now that its cooling down I hope they open it up soon.

Comment

There was a sign on interstate 8 that said the OHV area was closed because of 'high fire risk'.
              But I think, if you keep going east you could run the Elliot mine and Table Top areas.
              "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
              (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post
                There was a sign on interstate 8 that said the OHV area was closed because of 'high fire risk'.
                But I think, if you keep going east you could run the Elliot mine and Table Top areas.
                Yeah I remember seeing that. I actualy ran both of those not too long ago and posted up a link to youtube in the trail reports section.

Comment

damn talk about timing. these fires are crazy. SDSU classes are canceled tmr.

Comment

anyone have any ideas on how long this trail will be closed for? I need to get on that trail again asap!

I found some good videos on JPmagazine.com of the same trail:
                    http://www.jpmagazine.com/video/57/6200599/index.html
                    they are Video Jeep shots III, II, i think IV and the second to last. pretty good videos

Comment

think they will oen the trails soon since we just got some rain? or will it be closed for even longer due to landslide danger?

Comment

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/conditions/

Comment

Its open!!!

Woohoo! Might just have to head on up there tomorrow afternoon.

This is an email that I got from Richard Tull Today about Corral Canyon opening back up.

Subject: Corral Canyon opens again

I am on my way out the door to work on the OHV area so I only have timefor a short note but here is the latest - We received enough rain fromthe last couple of storms and I will be opening the gate at CorralCanyon today.Please get the word out that the burned part toward the dam will be openon a trial basis. If people start running around off the designatedtrails or into the wilderness I will have to close the gates to thatpart again. At that point we could be forced to wait for the vegetationto grow back before re-opening the burned area. I don't think anyonewants that so please help with keeping everyone on the trails. BearValley will be open but the area inside the Pine Fire is closed to allentry. Since motorized use is only allowed on the road itself anywaythis will not affect OHV'ers.Just stay on the road and no worries. There are bound to be more newpaths from cross border migration that have formed during the closurebut don't be fooled. These are not designated or sustainable and ridingon anything but designated routes will cost the OHV community ridingopportunities in the long run. Please get the word out where ever you can : "Stay on designated trails- the trails stay open."

I still have work to do in the burned area so watch out for crews andmaterials (mostly along the road).

Remember, you determine the future of your motorized recreationopportunities. Do the right thing and teach others too. (I know-I'mpreaching to the choir here)

Stay tuned for news of volunteer opportunities and other chances to getinvolved (or more involved).

See you out there
                          Richard Tull
                          OHV Program Manager
                          Descanso Ranger DistrictCleveland National Forest
                          3348 Alpine Blvd.Alpine, CA
                          91901(619) 445 6235 ext 3451
                          Last edited by Borregowrangler; 12-15-07, 11:51 PM.

Comment

THANK GOD!!!! WOO HOO!! too bad im going home after work tmr or else I would join you in a heart beat! But...ill get to try out the trail when I get back on some new 35s.

Does anyone know if this trail head is open all night? I was always thinking about a night run. I think it would be fun. Or like a sunset/night run. Well Ill be back in SD in 2 weeks so we should get a gang together and hit the trail! Cant wait. anyone that goes to the trail has to take pics and give us some updates!

AND STAY ON THE TRAIL!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X