Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Jamboree @ Truckhaven Oct. 26-28

How is it that this event can happen when no organized four wheel events are being permitted @ Truckhaven?

http://www.jeepjamboreeusa.com/miva/...ategory_Code=E
    '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

More than that, who would pay $195 to go to TRUCKHAVEN?

I think we should all just show up and go wheeling. They couldn't keep us out...
    '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

I just sent this email to info@jeepjamboreeusa.com:

Hiya. Just curious…

How is it that you are advertising a trip to Truckhaven (Salton Sea) when there has been so much litigation and all major organized events (Especially TDS) have been turned down. Did you somehow get a permit?

Also, who in their right mind would pay that kind of money to go to Truckhaven? Hell, just two weeks after your trip I’m hosting a FREE get together in practically the same place.

Also, what’s to stop people from just showing up and wheeling? Truckhaven gets a LOT of use around this time of year. Why would I pay you to go there when I could just show up and wheel? It doesn’t make sense. You don’t really have anything to offer that we couldn’t do ourselves. $195 for primitive camping? Sheese.

I think this may not be the wisest trip you guys ever planned. Don’t count on being able to clog up the trails, either. You’d have to get THOUSANDS of people to show up to do that. Unlikely.

Just curious. It seems that you guys didn’t research this well before setting it up.
      '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Wow, thats an expensive tee shirt
        The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Ouch!!! I'm in the wrong business. Not only is it $195 per adult if I bring my kids I pay $95ea for them. So, 195 me, 195 wife, 95 x 2 kids =$580.:omg: Those guys are full of :poop::censor:
          Check out .

Comment

By the way. Any one want to run Calico? I'll only charge you $150 ea.
            Check out .

Comment

lemme see the T-shirt for the Calico run first... I dunno if it's worth it...

Are U gonna have a cool safety sticker or a dash plaque?
              :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Before everyone goes nuts on this...I called and spoke with a lady from the Jeep Jamboree. They were given a permit and had everything printed up prior to finding out that organized events are not allowed in Truckhaven. They were quickly informed and moved the event to Ocotillo Wells.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
                  Before everyone goes nuts on this...I called and spoke with a lady from the Jeep Jamboree. They were given a permit and had everything printed up prior to finding out that organized events are not allowed in Truckhaven. They were quickly informed and moved the event to Ocotillo Wells.
                  $200 per head to run Ocotillo Wells! Wow! Ocotillo Wells sucks. Why even bother...
                  '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

This looks like one of those overpriced guided tour deals for people that have never been offroad.
                    Dan

Comment

Working...
                    X