Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rattlesnake to heartbreak to BB

Does anyone know if this route is closed due to the fires? I am not aware of where the fires were in proximity to these trails. thanks.
    2000 XJ, 108k miles
    33's, RE 4.5", 4.56

They are open
    Dan

Comment

Yeah, what he said. Rattlesnake and Heartbreak are on the North East side of the mountain and about as far away from where the fire was as you can get up there. Thank goodness!

Comment

Some of us from MJR ran those trails the weekend of the fire (see Trail Report section). You should be fine as it is a pretty good distance from where the fire was burning. Definitely one of my favorite runs . . . if you don't mind some extra company, post up a thread when you go so we can join you!!!

***Nevermind . . . just saw your trail run post. Man, there is a lot going on this weekend.
        Last edited by Schmo; 10-17-07, 08:49 PM.
        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
          Man, there is a lot going on this weekend.
          I was thinking the same thing. I picked the wrong weekend to work on the Jeep.
          Check out .

Comment

Speaking of Rattlesnake, has anyone ever tried exiting by way of the New Dixie Mine Rd.? It should take you back into Landers.

Comment

Originally posted by RubiRedRoc 07 View Post
              Speaking of Rattlesnake, has anyone ever tried exiting by way of the New Dixie Mine Rd.? It should take you back into Landers.
              Yep. It is called the Switchback Trail. Head Northeast at N34° 15.474 W116° 38.946

Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Ok Thanks. Do You Think It Is Worth Driving? Fun Or Boring?

Comment

Originally posted by RubiRedRoc 07 View Post
                  Ok Thanks. Do You Think It Is Worth Driving? Fun Or Boring?
                  The switchback trail has 2 very tight switchbacks, some off camber and small rocks. New Dixie Mine Rd is lots of sandy wash driving and typical desert hard pack. Desert Pee Wee Lawn Jockey is not far off New Dixie Mine Rd. I enjoy the area every time we run it.
                  Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Working...
                  X