Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butler Fire 2

I know that we have all been hoping for the best in the case of the Bulter 2 Fire. I unfortunately just came across this updated burn map:

The burn area includes: most of the Holcomb Creek trail (3N93), all of Lower Larga (2N06X), all of 3N08, The upper part of White Mtn (3N17), and All the trails of Little Bear Peak.

It looks like the MJR Trail Crew is going to have a good bit of work to do.

The fire is not contained and the chance for continued growth is extreme. It is expected that varying winds over the next few days could cause the fire to be difficult to fight.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Do we know yet if it hit our trail? Opps just saw it took Little bear peak, Keep us informed of what the trail crew can do.
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

Yeah. Unfortunately, Little Bear Peak is just above the "4" of the DP-4 label.
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks for the update, though heart breaking. And as you said there will be lots to do now.

Hoping for the best out come, B&T TJ

Comment

If the forest service follows past decisions, the fire burned areas will be closed for at least 2 years. MJR might consider adopting another trail to keep us busy.

Some pics from a friend that lives in Big Bear

Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
            If the forest service follows past decisions, the fire burned areas will be closed for at least 2 years. MJR might consider adopting another trail to keep us busy.
            That would suck. Find this map. Shows some of the roads.
            Last edited by dirtman13; 09-17-07, 10:13 AM.
            Check out .

Comment

Anyone listening to http://www.bigbearscanner.com/ that Helomech posted on the Rattlesnake run? They just had a aircraft go down. Sounds like the pilot is ok and was able to land some where. Those guys are brave.:thumbs_up
              Last edited by dirtman13; 09-17-07, 01:47 PM.
              Check out .

Comment

This sux...is it known how this fire got started?
                -Bob
                '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                  They just had a aircraft go down. Sounds like the pilot is ok and was able to land some where. Those guys are brave.:thumbs_up

From the scanners it sounds like all the firefighting aircraft have been sent back to base because of the crash.
                  Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

man, what can we do? this sux just watching it all go up! we hit JV yesterday and going thru Lucern by the fire station there were so many fire rigs and fire crews lining both sides of the street, it was cool, and awesome, but all for a bad reason... ugh!
                    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Another question...anyone know what the status of Hanna Flat campground is? Did it burn?
                      -Bob

Comment

Originally posted by steelman View Post
                        Another question...anyone know what the status of Hanna Flat campground is? Did it burn?
                        I read some where that it burned I will see if I can locate it. Here is a good link that stays updated.
                        http://www.inciweb.org/incident/989/

Updates:
                        Jim Wilkins, PIO, at 8:35 pm: Hanna Flats campground has been destroyed; 1 out building at the YMCA Camp Whittle was destroyed but the camps were saved; estimated cost to date is 1.5 million; 1085 personnel; Unified Command and a Type 1 Incident; Fire is currently holding on the west flank as favorable winds are pushing away from GVL; fire is 1.5 miles away from GVL; winds are out of the southwest; fire is in heavy 50 to 100 year old fuels
                        Last edited by dirtman13; 09-17-07, 04:12 PM. Reason: Found it
                        Check out .

Comment

Thanks for the update...what a HUGE bummer.
                          -Bob

Comment

Thanks for the continued updates - it's probably better to take this all in slowly rather than all at once.
                            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Please keep us informed. Checkout the postings on http://forestwhisperer.16.forumer.com/ for updates from Big Bear residents.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X