X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eldorado Nat'l Forest 1800 miles of closures

July 25 , 2007

1,800 miles could be closed in Eldorado National Forest
    Under the Route Designation Program, the forest service is proposing to close over 1,800 miles of mostly dirt roads to any motorized vehicle traffic. This includes street legal vehicles, as well as motorcycles and ATVs. If you have ever driven off of the pavement in the Eldorado National Forest, most likely one of the roads you have been on is going to be closed. There are approximately 3,200 miles of forest system roads, with the map the Forest Service is proposing, we will lose 1,800 miles of those.

We only have only 45 days after July 20th to argue in writing to keep some of these trails.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO GIIVE IINPUT IIN ORDER TO SAVE TRAIILS AND CAMPSIITES!!

For information on what you need to do, please visit this link http://ingear4x4.com:80//index.php?o...=118&Itemid=58
    See related story at ingear4x4.com

Here's another link to the flyer:

http://www.ingear4x4.com/documents/eldorado_help.pdf

Comment

By now I hope everyone has heard about the DEIS going on in every forest in the Nation. Eldorado national Forest (where the Rubicon and several other trails are located) is in the forefront of putting this devastating plan into effect. So we need to stop this NOW!!!

If you don't know what is going on, click here: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=596279

A simple way for everyone to do their part has been set-up, simply click on this link http://preserveourtrails.com/ and enter your info, affiliations and any comments you want to add to the letter. The program will then randomly select 15-50 trails and send the email off to the Eldorado National Forest.

As of right now you can only do this once per person. But by Friday night or Saturday you will be able to do it over and over again!!!

You can also help by getting this link on every forum that you know of that hikes, bikes, MX, fishes, camps, or 4wd. This is SUPER important to the existence of our sport!

Thanks!

Curt
      71' Jeepster - Stock Jeep
      70' Jeepster - Trail Jeep
      73' Commando - Wrecked Heap

Comment

BTT.

Only 285 signatures! WTH? Please disseminate and get the land kept open!
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

MJR, Get 'er done!

Come on MJR, I know we can do better that this! Take a few minutes to fill out the form and add some positive feedback for the people who have the power to put an end to the sport/life style we love. It only takes a minute or two to save a lifetime of experiences for all of us. Let's make MJR the most prevalent organization on all of these mailing lists. Git 'er done... :thumbs_up
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

did my part me and the ole lady signed and letters sent and posted on a bunch of our big clubs over here on the east coast...hope this doesnt happen...IM NOT EVEN OUT THERE YET
            Last edited by KNCJeeper; 08-26-07, 07:05 PM.
            Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

Added to the LOST KJ's forum. I am getting real sick of hearing about trail closures.

Comment

added a note to GreatLakes4x4.com

I just wish I'd known about it sooner!
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Signed
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

They have been granted a 45 day extension, but please send in your comments.
                    Comment on what you know, and list your affiliations with the different clubs, and OHV organizations.

Todd
                    Navy-Jeepster
                    Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                    Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

put in my :2:
                      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I signed the petition. I also tried to list some trails in the El Dorado NF, but the website thinks that the word "Pass" (as in "Echo Pass") is a dirty word!
                        If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                        KI6MLU

Comment

I signed the petition as well..........and Russ using the word "Pass" probably is dirty.
                          Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Signed petition. Don't really belong to a club yet so I used MJR. You guys are kinda like a club to me. :thumbs_up
                            Check out .

Comment

I signed - #2200

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X